Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

braxton hicks tightness in belly (its my first time so idk) Any help plz

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is my first im 36 weeks im not sure what is going on here. I worked this morning and I was fine at work. I left work about 330 and I had a flat I sat in my car at the gas station waiting for DH for about 30 mins. It was hot and I didnt have a lot of water with me so I may have got a little dehydrated. I went to see about getting the tire fixed and got a little stressed (cost ect). I came home and when I got out the car my belly got really tight (up to this point I have only felt this tightness by touching my belly with my hand and noticing it was hard not tight) I have never felt it get tight only hard. Well I climbed the stairs and it was not hurting like a pain but it was uncomfortable. I got 2 bottle of water and I drank them and laid with my feel up I felt her moving and kicking and the tightness went away. I stood up to go to the bathroom and it got really tight again. So I laid again and it felt better. I got up to go shower and it got tight again.

So my question is: Is this Braxton Hicks Contraction or what???? Im not havin anything other then this tightness Im not spotting cramping anything like that and the tightness is not comming in like a pattern it gets tight when i stand stays tight the whole time Im up and about 2 or 3 mins after I sit or lay it stops. Should I be worried??? Should I go to early labor??? Do I just need to rest and drink water ???

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
palemoon21
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Yep it's BH contractions. It's fine and it's normal. Braxton Hicks are practice contractions to get your uterus ready for actual labor. It's kind of like training for a marathon....

The only thing you should be worried about is if you have other symptoms of labor like bloody show, diahrrea, constant and PAINFUL contractions. otherwise, no need to stress...your body is just doing what it's suppose to be doing! It's a good sign.

By the way, I'm 22 weeks preggo with my 3rd and I have been having BH contractions since I was about 14 weeks along. No big deal. :)

doulala
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I would not worry, but I would work hard to take better care of myself.

Good luck with everything!

blg5484
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM

thanks the nurse that tought our baby care class kinda told us what it would feel like but i just didnt know if it could have been the stress or something wrong i need her to stay put for a while LOL and wasnt sure if i needed to go in to the hospital to see about stopping labor or what was up

thank you again

lovemybabies-24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like bh contractions to me and did you know u get them as earlie as 12 weeks I felt mine at 13 weeks and called the dr she said some women are very intuned and can notice them and some not.

tiernansmummy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I never thought i was having them cause i never had pain but learned at my last antenatal class, that they arent usually painful till the last few weeks and that BH are just your uterus tightening - i have been having them for ages lol and didnt know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)