Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working From Home??

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM
  • 21 Replies

Does anyone do any sort of work from home job? OTHER than child care? I babysat a puppy during the school year in my home, but the mom is a teacher and out for the summer. I was making $20/day doing it too!!

I have a couple of things that I do online, but am looking for a couple other things to help out to supplement our income. ESPECIALLY with new baby coming!

Does anyone have any experience? GOOD experience? Experience that REALLY pays? And something that does NOT cost to get started? I don't want to sell anything, been there, done that. I have also sold on ebay and have run out of things to sell!!

So... Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RutterMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:51 PM

BUMP!

lilone6x9
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

kittin002002
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM

If you like the ebay route this is what my mom does...She goes to liquidation.com and bids on Lots... then sells them piece by piece on ebay.  Liquidation.com sells things that have been returned or liquidated and its good quality stuff.

RutterMama
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Hm, I'm going to check that out tomorrow! I do buy/sell on ebay... but i can only invest so much. Thanks!

Quoting kittin002002:

If you like the ebay route this is what my mom does...She goes to liquidation.com and bids on Lots... then sells them piece by piece on ebay.  Liquidation.com sells things that have been returned or liquidated and its good quality stuff.

sissychristi
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I love to sew so I make baby blankets, pod swaddlers, cloth diapers, custom crib sheets, and mama cloth and sell them on Etsy. I just do it in my spare time and make $400-$600/mo. depending on what I sell the most of.

RutterMama
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM

That's so cool! I don't have a machine or a 'seamstress' bone in my body tho!

Quoting sissychristi:

I love to sew so I make baby blankets, pod swaddlers, cloth diapers, custom crib sheets, and mama cloth and sell them on Etsy. I just do it in my spare time and make $400-$600/mo. depending on what I sell the most of.

NordicAngel
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM

you might can try selling Avon or Mary kay? I made a little bit of money by selling Avon by sending the books with my DH to work lol. But it wasn't enough to make any money....but I didn't really try either.

Here's a bump for you though:) WAH jobs are hard to find w/o getting scammed!

Mommy_2_Blanton
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Idk i do the MaryKay thing and do really well with it i was able to replace my income and the products sale themselve. it does cost to start up though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommybear09
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Mary Kay cost about 117 dollars to start. Avon is only 10 but as for anything else I really don't know. Are you good at crafts or anything like that?

Quoting Mrs.Loeffel:

you might can try selling Avon or Mary kay? I made a little bit of money by selling Avon by sending the books with my DH to work lol. But it wasn't enough to make any money....but I didn't really try either.

Here's a bump for you though:) WAH jobs are hard to find w/o getting scammed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)