Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OLD WIVES TALES TRUE OR FALSE?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM
  • 23 Replies

Does anyone believe in the old wives tale about morning sickness?? that if you have extreme morning sickness its a girl and if you have little or none its a boy?... Scientist have done a study on this wives tale and said there is some truth to it something to do with the horomones. With my son I had no morning sickness and with this pregnancy I had severe morning sickness I couldnt even drink water and was hospitalized 2 x. I was for sure it was a girl but was told it was a boy could the ultrasound be wrong? I ask cause they didnt show me the private parts of the baby cause i didnt want to know right away.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashelynn_Marie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I had absolutely no morning sickness with the little girl I'm pregnant with now. And, my co-worker was hospitalized, and put on medicine given to chemo patients because her morning sickness was so bad, and she's also having a girl. I personally don't think that it has to do with anything about the sex.

baby
KTedlock
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I have only got sick a handful of times

I am having a BOY

RutterMama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Wow... I HOPE it's true! We have 6 nephews, 7 boys including mine. We are hoping this one is a girl and my 'morning sickness' was SO MUCH WORSE with this pregnancy!

babies

I'm a proud breastfeeding (but don't bash those who don't), circumcising for health reasons, pro-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, pro-life, meat and chocolate eating, Southern Christian Mama!

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM

i had no morning sickness with my first DD or my DS. Now with #3 is when i got m/s for the first time.

lovemybabies-24
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Aww well I hope you get what you want... are you finding out the gender of the baby?

Madysmommy04
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I never had morning sickness with either of my girls, but this time I have had it pretty bad. I really believe this is a boy!

cadlecr4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I have 3 girls  and ive never had morning sickness!

Sweet_Holly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I had bad morning sickness with DS and none this time and u/s techs says baby looks like a girl so far, but will find out for sure on 15th :) so idk think that wives take is true. 

ashlynsmom14
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Nah...I think its just the way your body copes with the hormones. I have had less morning sickness with this one but hope and prey it is another girl. LOL

sissychristi
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I was so sick I lost 16lbs in my first trimester and I had a boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)