Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yahoo!!! Baby Tori is officially full term!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am so excited to meet her!!  I am still scheduled for the ECV on Monday, is it awful that part of me is secretly hoping that I get to meet her that day?  I really want a natural vaginal birth, but the temptation of a possible c-section on Monday and getting to hold her is really getting to me.  I know that sounds awful, right?  I just am so anxious!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megara
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM

You are only one day behind me!

Sorry, but what's an ECV?  I know what you mean about being tempted.  I'm having a natural birth at a birthing center.  One of my friends is due 6/27, but she's having an elective c-section on Monday and I'm secretly so jealous!

MelzyD
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM

It is also known as an external version...baby is breech and the doc is going to try to rotate her himself.   If she goes into any type of distress, we will do a c-section right then.  The cool part is that if she just cooperates and flips, the chances of me going into labor a bit sooner go up. 

palemoon21
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Congrats on being full term and I do hope that you have a natural birth since it will be so much easier to hold her after. :) Good luck and keep us posted.

MelzyD
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Thanks!  I definitely will keep everyone updated.  I already have my laptop packed in my hospital bag, lol.  I know the natural birth is the best option, the temptation of sooner is just really strong temptation. :-)

Quoting palemoon21:

Congrats on being full term and I do hope that you have a natural birth since it will be so much easier to hold her after. :) Good luck and keep us posted.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Good luck with your EVC. 

All4OneN1forAll
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM

That doesn't sound awful, you are excited for your baby :) congrats! 

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I have an EVC and I packed my bags and I was hoping just a lil bit that my baby would come that day as well. But she didn't. Everything went great with mine. I suggest taking an ipod or something else to focus on. I was so scared it was going to hurt that I was all tensed up, it wasn't painful just kind of uncomfortable having someone push that hard on ur belly.  Anyway I hope all goes well for you!

MelzyD
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:16 PM

How many weeks were you at the time of the version and how long after did you end up in labor?  You are the first person I have come across that has had it done. 

Quoting mommy2xp:

I have an EVC and I packed my bags and I was hoping just a lil bit that my baby would come that day as well. But she didn't. Everything went great with mine. I suggest taking an ipod or something else to focus on. I was so scared it was going to hurt that I was all tensed up, it wasn't painful just kind of uncomfortable having someone push that hard on ur belly.  Anyway I hope all goes well for you!

shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Bump

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I sent you a pm, but I was 37 and I went into labor 2 days after my due date

Quoting MelzyD:

How many weeks were you at the time of the version and how long after did you end up in labor?  You are the first person I have come across that has had it done. 

Quoting mommy2xp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)