Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

about c-section

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM
  • 19 Replies
What do u have to have that's wrong with u to have a c-section? Or what haves to be wrong with u to have a c-section?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Cord prolapse, placenta previa, placenta abruption. uterus rupture, TRUE fetal distress, maternal distress, eclampsia, transverse presentation.  Those are what are TRUE emergent reasons to have a c-section. 

mommyloves621
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Oh oky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoLuckysAngel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:19 AM

In 50 hours on more pitocin then they were supposed to have me on I had only progressed from 3 to 6 cm. I started getting a fever/infection and then they decided it was time for a c-section.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
shaynaj
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:26 AM

Or if you cant push the baby down . Like me i could get passed 2 cm had to have one

mompatrol
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I ended up having and emergency c-section when the doctors discovered that the baby was full breech after I was already into active labor. 

doulala
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Quoting truealaskanmom:

Cord prolapse, placenta previa, placenta abruption. uterus rupture, TRUE fetal distress, maternal distress, eclampsia, transverse presentation.  Those are what are TRUE emergent reasons to have a c-section. 

And these can also be sometimes reasons, too. 
There are women who might have one of these complications and are still able to avoid a cesarean~~

;-)

Depending on who you hire to attend your delivery (their philosophy-experience-training), you might have a vaginal/cesarean delivery.   So it's really worth investigating & interviewing, then staying informed & educated (and supported) through the entire pregnancy and delivery.

Are you considering a cesarean?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

doulala
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Quoting SoLuckysAngel:

In 50 hours on more pitocin then they were supposed to have me on I had only progressed from 3 to 6 cm. I started getting a fever/infection and then they decided it was time for a c-section.

Do you know why you were getting a fever/infection?
Were your membranes ruptured, did you have an epidural?

doulala
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Quoting shaynaj:

Or if you cant push the baby down . Like me i could get passed 2 cm had to have one

Why do you think the baby didn't descend?

Zhi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM

At 42 1/2 weeks my son never dropped and I never dialated. An ultrasound revieled that he was running low on amniotic fluids because he was so large (he was actually stuck in my pelvis), so I had to have a c-sec.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM
Don't know, never had one.. Here's a bump tho!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)