Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you know you were about to go into labor?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

For example, my aunt knew my cousin was gonna go into labor the day she did because my aunt made this huge breakfast and my cousin was nauseated by it. I also heard someone say how their LO stopped moving before she went into labor.

So how did you know you were gonna go into labor when you did?

Ameira Michelle Nolan
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kltaylor07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM
I threw up the day before. I didn't see it as a sign myself but when I told my mom she was on the next flight home from India (business trip) because she just KNEW that was it. My water broke 24 hrs later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chick
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM

About 3 days before both, I got a constant dull lower back ache. Waiting on that backache now.

Also, I start to lose mucus gradually about a week before, which just started yesterday. I am 38 weeks.  I can just feel my body preparing and I knew from the first, with the 2nd when it was close. I think I will know this time, too.

sissychristi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I had a ton of pre-labor so when it hit, I didn't really notice for many hours. 

I had back pain starting around 2:00am on a Tuesday. Didn't think much of it. Was up all night just uncomfortable. Got up early and started cleaning absolutely everything. Did every last bit of laundry...literally, everything. Around 3:00pm on Tuesday I realized that the back pains were 3 minutes apart so I called my midwife. She said it could be labor but could be false labor.

Around 5:00pm I knew I was in labor. Hard labor began when my water broke around 10:00pm, and I had Eli at 2:28am on Wednesday. 

sodapple
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM
i knew i was going into labor because my contractions became severely. i was having contractions a bit over a month they were bearable, but that morning the difference was the pain was all in my back and i knew that was the day. she was born the day after Lol. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM

i always have diarreah and nesting the day before. with all 4 kids it was the same thing every time.

crazymom21
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:56 AM
1st I was admitted to hospital and they did a contraction stress test. They induced me (though at the time I didn't know it but I really didn't need to be). 2nd my water broke and she was born 9 hrs later 3rd I felt like crap all day and decided to go to hospital. They were monitoring me and had me do some walking which caused me to start having contractions. I got a epi and my water broke 4th I was having BH contractions the night b4 and they turned into real contractions though they never became regular til an hour and a half b4 she was born. I went to bed at around 10 pm and about 3 am I couldn't sleep through contractions but fell back asleep right after them. I got up with my DH at 6 am and started timing them. There was no noticeable pattern. I finally went to the hospital. On the way I didn't have one contraction(25 min). They got me in to monitor me. Its a good thing their monitoring room wasn't available and they had to put me in a regular room. They checked me at 12 pm and bam every two minutes I started having contractions. I didn't even get to have my epi nor any pain meds. That was the hardest birth in my life. I would have never thought I could have done that. Thanks to my nurse and my mom I did it :) labor is never texted book in my experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlynsmom14
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM

I guess I didnt know. I went on a cleaning spree but that happened almost every weekend. I just went to sit down on the couch and my water broke.

palemoon21
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:56 AM

1ST DD- My water broke.

2ND DD- I had contractions that just didn't seem to be letting up and I "felt" odd. I went to L&D and they stopped my preterm labor 3 times.....only to induce me after they did stop it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)