Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fathers day.. ot

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
Do you have any plans for fathers day? I am letting Dh get a tattoo because he has been wanting one forever but I have been wanting to do something else to so any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
palemoon21
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:45 AM

We are having a picnic if the weather permits. Then we'll probably go swimming an make smores. We love being outdoors so that's where we will most likely be on Father's Day.

I don't really know of anything else you could do for Father's Day except maybe some sentimental like a picture frame that says "I love my daddy" and have a photo of his baby in it. That's what i did for my SO with the u/s picture.

SpcCraftsWife
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM

my husband's deployed. But I sent him a package witha book he'll really enjoy, some of our DD's paintings(she's 2) some computer games, a number one dad tee, his repaired kindle, and im sending 2 more boxes monday with a ton of snacks he loves, and something that I had forgotten I even ordered for fathers day!!! I went to this website and for 6 bucks a pair(including chains and silencers) you can make dogtags(the stamped kind, not the engraved kind) that say whatever you want. They came in today and I stuck them in the care packages that are leaving on Monday.... here's some pics(because I just gotta show em off!!!!)

Says Jonathan And DeLaina- Bring it on home to me(a song I always sang to him before he left)

This is our DD's Name and the day she will be here via c-section(if she comes early, theyre inexpensive enough that I can get a set with the right date on them!! lol) And it says Miss my daddy, see you soon.

and this is my 2yo dd's name and bday with Miss my daddy, see you soon.

I hope he loves them as much as I do! I put the one for him and I on a long chain and put the two girls' on the shorter chains and connected them. I'm wearing the other one that has our names(with my wedding rings on it, since I am so swollen after grouting floor today lol) and I've got the girls' put away as keepsakes or they can wear them when theyre old enough to not lose them :)

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM
I'm going to make him dinner and a blackberry pie. If our son is here by then, we'll spend a quiet day at home. If not, we will go to the pool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I plan on having the girls make him a little book on why they love their daddy.  I actually got this idea off of Cafemom The Stir

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I love that idea! I might steal it :)  I was planning on having the girls make him a card, maybe put their handprints in it.  Making him breakfast (have the girls help) and give him a mani/pedi (without all the foofy girly stuff lol)

Quoting meam4444:

I plan on having the girls make him a little book on why they love their daddy.  I actually got this idea off of Cafemom The Stir

alliesaurus
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I found this kit with two travel coffee mugs in it that comes with a computer program template to print pictures and stuff and slip into the outer casing. People always steal his cups at work so this way they'll be identifiable and cute with pictures of our girls on them! it was only like 7.99! And we'll also probably go to the lake and go fishing with his mom and dad- they are staying with us that weekend to visit!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM
No plans. We have NO money and therefore will probably be just staying home and hanging out..
try4baby20
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Can I have that website

Quoting SpcCraftsWife:

my husband's deployed. But I sent him a package witha book he'll really enjoy, some of our DD's paintings(she's 2) some computer games, a number one dad tee, his repaired kindle, and im sending 2 more boxes monday with a ton of snacks he loves, and something that I had forgotten I even ordered for fathers day!!! I went to this website and for 6 bucks a pair(including chains and silencers) you can make dogtags(the stamped kind, not the engraved kind) that say whatever you want. They came in today and I stuck them in the care packages that are leaving on Monday.... here's some pics(because I just gotta show em off!!!!)

Says Jonathan And DeLaina- Bring it on home to me(a song I always sang to him before he left)

This is our DD's Name and the day she will be here via c-section(if she comes early, theyre inexpensive enough that I can get a set with the right date on them!! lol) And it says Miss my daddy, see you soon.

and this is my 2yo dd's name and bday with Miss my daddy, see you soon.

I hope he loves them as much as I do! I put the one for him and I on a long chain and put the two girls' on the shorter chains and connected them. I'm wearing the other one that has our names(with my wedding rings on it, since I am so swollen after grouting floor today lol) and I've got the girls' put away as keepsakes or they can wear them when theyre old enough to not lose them :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megara
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Father's Day is the first day of VBS at church, so we are having a big BBQ.  DH is really happy, because one of our members owns a BBQ catering business, and his BBQ is excellent!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)