Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A stranger yelled at me....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:35 AM
  • 23 Replies

It's actually funny now that I think about it.....I always seem to end up in these situations at this one particular location. TARGET. lol Backstory: I had a screaming match with 2 females last year while walking out of Target because they pushed past my daughters and said  "Get the f*ck out of my way...GD kids...."  OH YEAH mama bear stepped up and it got nasty fast. That was probably the worst one but I seem to have some form of drama after shopping at this one plaza. (It's not really a great area in the city) 

Ok, so I was out running errands with the girls today and after we finished up at the crappy Target and started walking towards the door, Ashtyn (6yr old DD) asked if we can go to Starbucks. I tell her yes since I need to get something to drink.  Well, this transexual man(literally) turns and looks at me and my daughters. We live in a very open and diverse area so we said hi, smile and were walking out next to him with our bags. He tells me that I should not be going to Starbucks or drinking anything like that since I am pregnant. He then shows me the lemonade he had just bought and tells me to go get some of that. 

Him: It's on sale for $1.99 and you need to be drinking lemonade instead of Starbucks. Plus it's expensive.

Me: Yes, I actually have lemonade at home but I need some caffiene right now so I don't mind spending $4 on a

Him: WELL...Starbucks is bad and I don't drink Starbucks. Ewwww. Gross.

Me: lol (giggling) I normally don't but it's a craving right now. (not to mention I needed caffiene to ward off the headache I was getting) 

Him: It's too hot outside for you to drink coffee!!! You need lemonade.

Me: Um....I'm getting a Frapachinno and it's icy cold.

Me: OK, well you have a good day and enjoy your lemonade. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hannah(my oldest DD): Mom....why does this always happen to us at this Target?What was his problem? 

I had to just walk away and thank goodness he parked nowhere near me.

But seriously????? What pregnant woman get's reprimanded by a transexual for wanting a Frapachinno??? LOL It really made me mad at how loud he got with me over it and he also had never seen me before in his life!  But looking back on this afternoon's "soap opera" it had to be a funny observation for the bystanders.

I think I have learned NOT to go shopping in that part of the city. lol I'll stick to the normal Target that actually has a Starbucks in it. I'm done with the crappy one on the other side of town. It's a scary place now. lol

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:43 AM

OMG.....screaming strangers LMAO. That cracks me up.

That reminded me of a story from many years ago when I was visiting Manhattan with a couple of friends. We were trying to locate a store we had been to earlier and I don't remember the details, but we knew we should be walking AWAY from 4th street to get there.....

So we asked this guy we were passing on the street which direction 4th was, and he pointed down the block and said "That way." We smiled and said "thank you" and headed the other way.

He totally FLIPPED OUT! He was like "Hey, I said it's THAT way! HEY! HEEEYYYYYY! You're going the wrong WAY!" We were like "Oh crap......this guy's nuts." He seriously set his things down on the sidewalk, stood there, and kept screaming after us "4th street is THAT WAY! I KNOW what I'm TALKING about! GET BACK HERE!! You're going the wrong way!"

Freakin hilarious. Weird, creepy......but in the end, pretty hilarious haha. People are so strange.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:47 AM

LOL I would have offered him a Frapp!!!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:48 AM

all i can do is laugh at that. gah. i have a temper problem so i probably would have ended up going off the deep end. preggo or not. lmao.

some ppl really need to mind their own ...

by Amber on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM
LOL, wtf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:20 AM

LOL! Crazy Shim.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:24 AM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

LOL! Crazy Shim.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:56 AM
Lol! Wow! That must be the best lemonaide in the was determined u were going to have LEMONAIDE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Ha! That's pretty funny, even if it wasn't at the time. I think you handled yourself well in that situation. The guy must be working for the Lemonade Sales and Consumption Coalition. 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM

LOL! Next time say why? I'm not pregnant or anything???? LOLOLOL Maybe he would have shut up thinking you were just extra chubby in the belly.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I would have said i wasnt pregnant! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)