Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seeing sparkles

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

Is it normal for you to see sparkles occasionally while pregnant. It keeps happening to me. They are just little silver fleks that seem to be falling and it just happens for like 20 seconds. Im 30 weeks

CafeMom Tickers

I am a comfort food loving, proud Air Force wife, who is living her true Love story with her  Prince Charming,  I am a conservative Christian Mommy, who plans to BF and vaccinate my baby.

Paula Amole

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomNtheRes
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:52 AM

I do from time to time, its happened on and off throughout this preg. I think its something to do with all the extra blood in the body or something. 

Hunters-Momma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 AM

You may have high blood pressure, thats what I was told anyway!

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:53 AM

How is your blood pressure?  Sometimes that can be a sign of possible pre-eclampsia, but it can also be caused by hormone burst.  Try to drink more water and see if that helps

palemoon21
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Oh my god!!! You too???? This is EXACTLY how I describe it to my SO and to everyone who asks. It's not really spots, it's sparkles.

I don't know if it's normal but it really must be common in pregnancy. BTW, I am 24 weeks and this has been happening since before I even knew for sure I was pregnant. I want to say it was one of my very first symptoms.

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:57 AM

I always had great BP but this would happen occasionally to me too.

roksnshooz
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Yeah I have had it since the first trimester too. I checked my bp yesterday and it was 125/ 75 . I have been told I am at risk for preclamsia cause of the amount of swelling I have but so far my bp has been normal.

CafeMom Tickers

I am a comfort food loving, proud Air Force wife, who is living her true Love story with her  Prince Charming,  I am a conservative Christian Mommy, who plans to BF and vaccinate my baby.

Paula Amole

rebel_mommy09
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:59 AM

my BP was up and down but I would get that a lot when I would be driving. I would talk to your dr about it at your next appointment but I was told it was normal.

jcsmummy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:00 AM

i had the same when i was pregnant. i actually have freakishly low blood pressure, the sparkles were caused by having low iron. maybe look into that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)