Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raegan Marie is here! (PIOG...Long...birth story and pics!)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:21 AM
  • 24 Replies

     I do apologize for it taking me a bit to get on here to share my news, but it has been a bit busy! Ha ha! Anyway, Raegan Marie is here! She was born June 8, 2010, weighing 5 lbs. 10 oz. and measuring 18 inches long. She is so tiny and beautiful! I would like to share my story with y'all.
     Monday afternoon we had an appointment with the maternal-fetal drs. and my ob. I had been going to the maternal-fetal drs. for about 2 months. They were monitoring me cause my amniotic fluid had been low and the baby was a little on the small side. Anyway, we knew that this appointment the drs. were going to make the decision on when to induce/schedule the c-section. When the dr. came in to look at the u/s, he said that my fluids had dropped to below 5 cm. (which is wha tthey did not want) and that he was going to call my ob and they were going to go ahead and admit me. I freaked. I knew that they were talking about possibly doing the admission, but I never really thought that they would actually say let's go ahead and admit. I was definitely scared. And of course, seeing me upset and scared kinda freaked my fiance out. We started making all the necessary calls, and I was mass-texting people to let them know. They put us in a labor and delivery room, and we basically waited for a bit. The nurses came in and hooked me up to the monitors and started my iv. My dr. came in later on that evening and said that, mainly because of the last time I ate, they could either schedule the c-section at 9 that nite or for 8 the next morning. He thought it would just be best to go ahead and do the section for the next morning. So, with everything settled, my in-laws left, my fiance went to go pack our bags and pack a bag for my sons and get everything ready, and my mom stayed in the l&d with me, my dad came up there too a little later.
     At about 6:30 am Tuesday morning, they started amping up the fluids in the iv, to get my hydration levels up. Then at about 7:00 am, everyone started getting prepped. They came in and made sure that they area where the incision was going to be was clean, shaven and sterilized. They had my fiance and my mom put on their scrub-suit things, and had me take in some antibiotics through my iv. I was doing okay up until they started to prep me. It was then that I started to get very nervous again. Everyone was so nice, trying to make sure I was staying calm. Then I was taken to the or, where I was prepped for the surgery. I was given the epidural, which wasn't that bad. Of course, having had one for the boys, I kinda knew and remembered what to expect. They said I did have a few problems with my blood pressure, but that it was mainly due to the fact that I was so scared. I got sick a bit, but they said that that was also due to nerves. I was laid down on the table and finished being prepped (e.g. catherized, the sterile papers laid over me, etc...). At about 7:50 or so, my mom and my fiance were brought into the room and sat at my right side by my head. Probably around 8:00 was when they started cutting, although I had no clue. I kept talking to my mom and my fiance, and we were all smiling. I remembered I kept hearing this buzzing sound, which my fiance later told me was the air machine they were using on me whenever they were cutting. At about 8:03, I heard my dr. say that he could see her butt (stubborn was breech) and then they told me that I was going to feel some tugging and pulling. I definitely felt that, and at 8:05 Raegan made her entrance! They held her up over the little thing, And seeing my daughter for the first time, I cried (of course!). Even covered in all that gook, she was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. She was a full pound and 2 oz. more than what we had been told, but that was ok! I know that when they showed her to me, I definitely started to cry, and my mom told me later that as soon as they pulled her out, my fiance started to cry.
     The whole experience was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I know that I had posted some questions in this group previously asking about c-sections and others experiences. I think the "worst" part for me was that, while they were putting me back together, I had a bit of air get trapped underneath my chest, but they said that was to be expected.
     Here are some pictures:


Daisypath Wedding tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Ahww congrats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

aweee little munchkin... congrats!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Congrats, your story made me cry!! She is beautiful!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM

aww congrats

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM

congrats :)

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Congratulations, beautiful!

by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM
So cute! Congrats!
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM


by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM

SO CUTE AND TINY!! Congrats, glad you're both doing well!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM
She was a pound? Maybe I miss read lol

Congrats tho!!!! Yay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)