Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions for your DH/SO?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM
  • 19 Replies

You know the more I waddle around with this great big belly I've been thinking and wondering.   For the men in our lives who helped get us concieve this little miracle, do you think there is a certain amount of PRIDE that goes with walking into a room full of friends and having everyone oooh and ahh over your belly?

I've asked my husband, who is not a talker, and really he didn't give me an answer.  With my first 16 years ago my sons dad was always all over the belly smiling and happy.  With this pregnancy things are totally different because my husband is very much a different person than my son's dad. 

Also, do you think that when we ache and pain or have an issue they feel bad for us that we have to go through this? 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM
I know my DH is proud and he feels very much for me when I'm in pain... He tells me all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Oh gosh my fiancé wouldnpoint to my belly like yeah I made that lol and when we ran into someone he knew he'd tell them. Every guy is different. My fiancé NEVEr wanted kids but he's so wrapped around dd's finger that he wants to try for number 2 in a year lol. He was terrified he would love her when she was born. Some guys it takes time. Encourage him to go to your spots, especially unltrasounds. I think that's how my fiancé turned around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I know my husband loves my baby bump, so yes he does take great pride in it.  As far as the aches and pains, I know he has a hard time when I am in labor.  With my first baby, when they told me I was at a 10, my sister said he cried.  And, he never cries!  I have only seen him tear up once ever!  I asked him about it later, and he said he just couldn't handle knowing how much pain and discomfort I was going through.  I know he is great about trying to help me when I cant walk, and he has told me to wake him up to help me to get to the bathroom.  So, I think he feels a little bad.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I know that my husband does have that sense of pride. He loves talking about me and the pregnancy, and showing off my belly to everyone that he can.

And, I know he feels bad for all my aches and pains. He's constantly apologizing for "doing this" to me...I have to keep reminding him that I was a willing participant, and this is what we wanted!

Chia_Rupp
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Jake LOVES it.... hes never gotten this much attention in his life because his brothers were always the center of attention.... he loves the fact that people are always asking him how the baby is doing and such

he also feels bad for the pain and such because its happening to me.... he gives me massages and rubs my feet and tries making me as comfortable as possible so the pains go away

teen_mommy2010
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM

My boyfriend likes to brag to all his friends about me and my belly. He loves to talk about our baby, how he kicks, and how he can see my belly move. He also feels awful for me when i get sick or cant eat. He says it kills him to see me in pain and asks me all the time if im ok. Its sweet and it shows me he really cares about me and our son.

KittyTussand
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM

My hubby all but puffs up his chests and struts he is so proud.  He has his own baby brag book with our ultrasounds that he shows anyone he knows or even acquainted with. And i really love the attention he gives me and to see him so happy its wonderful. He tries to take good care of me so i don't get any aches and pains. but when i do he helps massage them out or just does what he can so i dont strain my self even more.  Which is hard when were packing to move!

Mia055
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:07 PM

About the pain part...yes my husband does feel bad (he spoils me)  I told him i wanted to try to go all natural this time and he was like "no, get the epi, i dont like seein you in pain" lol  Aint that sweet?? Im still gonna try all natural though =P

majikalmama
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:27 PM
Yes he said he is proud and he does feel remorseful(sp)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:45 PM
I don't know.. I know that my dh feels bad when I do but about the happiness or pride, I have no clue bc my Dh doesn't really express that when I'm pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)