Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

39 weeks preggers & my dog is acting weird? anyone else?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 12 Replies

My dog is suddenly VERY clingy to me.. even going to the bathroom in the middle of the night he will stand guard until I get back.  I walk out the door to work and he CRIES which he's never done before.  I know he can tell something in our house is about to change, and I've tried telling him about it but I don't think until the baby arrives will he fully understand it.  Anyone else have this issue with past pregnancies or even currently?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiChOlE06
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:27 AM

bump!

tbursac777
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:33 AM

haha, he is just being protective!! they know more than you think :) my dog gets protective/worried when i am sick.. he won't leave my side. they are smart :)

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM
My husbands dog has been very clingy to me... Which is odd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
majikalmama
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM
I don't have a dog so here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manders1234
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM

About a week ago the cat started being very clingy.  Like you said she follows me everywhere, cuddles against my belly, checks on me if I stay in bed past 6:30am and is waiting for me when I get home.  Very strange behavior.

madleine
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:56 AM

my dog clung to me the last couple of weeks before i delivered. he never did until that time. i think dogs know..

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM

My dog has started eating things off the stove and counter and tables and she has NEVER acted that way before.  She was fine when I was pregnant with DD, but she is pissed about it this time. 

shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Before I had my first daughter last year right before I went into labor my dog was just like that. Would go everywhere I went, I sat down and she would sit on my lap 24/7 slept in the bed with me and everything

nautired
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

My dog is overly protective now too. He used to follow me before but this is  different he even walks ahead of me on the stairs and looks back to check on me every two steps or so. He follows me to the bathroom now and sits under my chair whenever I sit down. He also barks now if anyone comes to the door or walks past.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:02 PM

LOL you know what I just thought of.  My cat is more like a dog should be and my dog is not at all.  My cat has been super sweet and lays on me all the time, he weighs 14lbs and it is hard to breathe when he does it.  He usually bites me and attacks my legs and feet, but the last few weeks is sooo sweet.  The dog is being bad the cat is being good it is like a role reversal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)