Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh's family

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
Dh n i have been married for a year been together almost 3 and i just found out that they dont like me they just tolerate me. His mother doesnt even want me callin her "mom" she got offended the first n only time i said it. And thats something im not use to, my ex's moms loved me but the minute i decided to get married i have to call his mom ms.rivers and his sisters by their names? My heart is broken, n my feelings r hurt because i feel like we're family but their not acting like it. Am i over exaggerating? Am i the only one with this issue? How did you ladies handle this situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I would be hurt too.  I guess all you can do is just know you and your hubby are your own little family...and that is what is most important in life.

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM

U and Hubby will learn that all the family u have is your own little family!

No one else!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM
I've never been comfortable calling anyone else other than my mom MOM.. I don't refer to my MIL as anything but Rob's Mom. Sorry, I'm of no help. I can understand it being hurtful but there's really nothing you can do to change their minds. *hugs*
grapejelly
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:26 PM

that is hurtful, but i guess they aren't your true family then, luckily you've got a great hubby who loves you and a family of your own :)

abra
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Yeah, sucks sometimes.  But you have a good hubby and your own family so try not to let it get to you.

Quoting grapejelly:

that is hurtful, but i guess they aren't your true family then, luckily you've got a great hubby who loves you and a family of your own :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)