Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heart burn related to newborn hair

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

After another sleepless night due to heartburn, I decided to find out why it was affecting me so badly. I came across this interesting little article that said john hopkins did a study that found women who had moderate to sever symptoms of heart burn were more likey to have a baby with newborn hair. The same hormone that relaxes your esophgus is also responsible for promoting hair growth. Check out the article.

http://www.pregnancyheartburn.com/

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbaby1624
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM

so far im 2 for 2 with heartburn & babies with hair! i will have to see wat happens wen this one comes out!

teen_mommy2010
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Well, if the article is true, my son is going to have a head of hair like Cousin IT!

amandaeastman
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM

With my 2nd pregnancy I had no heartburn but she had more hair than her sister did and that pregnancy was horrible with heartburn

confusedgirl919
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM

That is exactly what everyone has told me. Last night I had the worst heartburn during my whole pregnancy and just couldnt seem to get rid of it. I had no clue about apple cider though. I will def. try that. It also doesnt help that when I was born I was as hairy as a monkey and my SO is hairy also. My poor child. HAHA. Thank you for the article it was very helpful!! Good luck to you!!

JenniL05
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:47 PM

With my son I had heartburn with water and he had tons and tons of hair. ;)

dolphinlynn
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM

had awful heart burn toward the middle to end of my last pregnancy and she had tons of hair.....starting to get some bad heartburn with this little guy,it started closer to the end this time(hes due july 22nd) so he prob will have tons of hair too

Baylee131
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I never had one day or night of heartburn with my DD and she was born with a full head of hair!!  I have had NO heartburn with this pregnancy either, so we will see what happens in Nov. when I am due!!     I would say NOT TRUE...  Just another wives tale!!

mom2pagan
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM

with my first daughter i had HORRIBLE heartburn almost 24/7 from 6m until i delivered & she did have hair but not a head full.
i'm now in my 7th month & have had heartburn only once or twice so we'll see...

Amlynnk
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I wouldnt exactly believe that your child will have hair just cuz you have lots of heartburn. I had endless heartburn whole pregnancy and my DD was bald.

BlackWingedMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM

YEah its defly true. With my first son had no hair and I had no heart burn what so ever and with my second son I had a good amount of hair. He had it on his arm and his ears for the first 3 months. Now that Im having a little girl. Im having a massive amount of heart burn..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)