Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overwhelmed (long, vent, piog)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

I feel like this is never going to end, but that it's also coming to an end waaaaay too soon! Since last Tuesday I've been having contractions- some painful and some not, nausea, losing bits of my plug, extreme fatigue, extreme hunger.. my midwife says I could go at any day and they wouldn't stop it since I've measured ahead by 2 weeks consistently and my baby is perfectly healthy.

I have to wash everything to put in my bag, I need to pick out my son's coming home outfit, I need to make up his crib, I need to shampoo carpets and clean the entire kitchen and bathroom (which has gotten out of control because DH's eczema on his hands has broken out bad and that's his "chore"), I need to get the car seat base in the car, and I STILL haven't gotten my registration form into the hospital because I keep forgetting it. Not to mention I always forget to take DH's FMLA paperwork in to my doctor for  them to fill out their part..

It seems like my in-laws have completely given us the F-U as well! We went on a big family vacation (SIL her husband and two kids, MIL, FIL, BIL and his wife, DH and I) and we walked about a mile from the parking garage to the aquarium. By the time we got there I was out of breath and tired, so I sat down. Fast forward five hours and we're still walking around the aquarium and I feel like i'm lierally about to keel over and die from exhaustion/dehydration/being cold. DH asked my BIL if we could have the keys to go nap in the car for an hour (we didnt take our car, MIL insisted) and his exact words "It's not my fault you got her pregnant. it's not my fault she's tired. Not my problem, so go f*ck yourself- everyone else is trying to enjoy vacation". Wow? When we did eventually leave an hour later, everyone chose to walk around the shops. DH and I sat down and MIL came over and I was crying because I felt SO awful in every way and MIL said "Well she should suck it up. I'm tired too. I'm sore too. Get over it and stop whining, it's not all about what you want." Since then, DH and all the in-laws have been in a huge argument.. we've only spoken to them once or twice. Mind you- this happened when I was 31 weeks pregnant, not in the first or second trimester when I had energy. Anyway- for some reason, MIL made a comment on facebook about recording/taking pictures of my birth. HELL NO! Does she really think she is going to even be invited to the hospital at all after all that's been said?

I'm tired, but all I do is sleep. I want to walk, but when I do, my heart feels like it's going to explode. I'm hungry and can't get full and other times I can barely eat a Popsicle without wanting to puke. I can't get into a comfy position to sleep because of the contractions in my back and the period cramp-type feeling in my lower belly and vagina. My hormones are going nuts, I feel like crying and yelling and pitching a fit like a two year old. Oh, and just for an added bonus- now that I've been having contractions and been in the bathroom so much hemorrhoids have flared up BAD! (sorry for tmi)

Grrrrr. I assume this is normal towards the end (being over-emotional)? Sorry for dumping this on you all.. but I needed to get it out somehow. It's been eating me up! :(

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Vent away mama! it's what we're here for.. I can't believe your In-Laws would treat you like that and say such things!! If I were you, I'd shut them out of my life completely. Let Dh decide what he wants to do separately. Hemmoroids SUCK!! I had them w/my first and I was SO miserable I cried almost every day.. *hugs* You're almost done hun, just try to hang on even if it's for dear life!
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM

BUMP!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)