Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do?!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

well i am 26 weeks pregnant and was put on bedrest for BV and preterm contractions. my doctor told me that i was to stay on bedrest, and i was not allowed to go back to school. well my semester is almost over, i only have a week left in class, but she still told me no, i feel fine and i don't feel that bad. she told me that if i had the baby now she would be critically ill. it scares me sooo much. i just need reassurance that i am doing the right thing by taking an "incomplete" in my classes, bc i have had so many people tell me to just finish up and the baby will be okay.. anyone ever have something like this happen?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM
I would listen to your dr.. Your baby's health matters more than the class..
HillaryRenee
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM

That's a hard choice to make. If you have a scholarship and you take an "incomplete" then most likely they'll drop you. It will affect your GPA and could affect the rest of your school career because of that. Not to mention all the time and money that you invested in this semester.

Most schools will work with women who are pregnant. Some will allow you to drop back in the same classes halfway through the next semester. I'd contact your teachers individually and see if you can do all your work from home. Maybe they can give you an alternative assignment as a final. You might have to write a 5+ page essay, but wouldn't it be worth it? I've known a few classmates that were pregnant and due at the end... all the teachers were more than accommodating.

MichelleH86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM

thank you :) i am just a very worrysome person, like i am never making the right choice. i have a one year old and went into preterm at 24 weeks, but didnt end up having her till 11 days late. all my sisters are nurses and they told me the reason i feel better is bc i am on bedrest and to not let it fool me into me thinking i was better

MichelleH86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM

well they said i could take an "i" and then come back at the beginning of the fall semester and make up the tests and get my grades

yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM

put it off and go back a later time. your babys health is more important.

kltaylor07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:43 PM
What have your teachers said? I had my son with 2 weeks left to the semester to graduate college and they all worked with me. I also let them know beforehand that having him before school was out was a possibility and I worked ahead as much as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaDanseuse
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM

BV? Bacterial vaginosis? Were you dilating?

kuriequinn
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Why not call your professors, tell them you are on bed rest and see what they can do to help you in not getting incomplete for the semester?  Especially since you only have a week in the classes.  maybe you can take the finals at home or something?

kltaylor07
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:45 PM
So then do that. You will still get credit for the course & you aren't putting your baby at risk. Win win.

Quoting MichelleH86:

well they said i could take an "i" and then come back at the beginning of the fall semester and make up the tests and get my grades

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleH86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM

yea bacterial vaginosis. i wasn't dialating, but i didn't show any symptoms until i ended up in triage with labor patterns and they admitted me over night then my doctor came in the next day to release me on bed rest, then i went back for the betadine (sp) treatment that she started me on, and she still said she was concerned and no school

Quoting LaDanseuse:

BV? Bacterial vaginosis? Were you dilating?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)