Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Name - Should I be peeved?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I change my daughters' name?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

My male cousin just found out last week by his g/f that she was 9 months preggo (was told she had bad chromosone problems and that she had a slim chance of getting preggo. She is very sports active, etc.). At age 20 the dt.'s told her because of her chromozones that she was going through early menapause. The next day she called up my cousin with pains and she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Some how within this time her and my cousin went through her phone on the net and narrowed a name down for their daughter to five, and came up with one name they loved best. They named the baby kaelayn marie. Okay I'm happy for them, however since I've known of my pregnancy I've had my daughters name picked out and when we had our sonogram telling us it was a girl I made my announcement that her name was going to be Kahlan Louise. (different spelling same pronuction on name). I had chosen this name because it was unusual findings. So now I'm in a dilemna trying to figure out if I should pick a new name out for my daughter (even though It's been planned and announced) because I don't want to babies close in age with the same name, same family, or should I change it. My fiance doesn't want me to change it, but I feel that having to girls so close in age with the same name just isn't right. What should I do?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:29 PM

If it was me i l would leave it. It is a beautiful name and you did pick it out first.

carowga3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I would keep the name you had planned. How often are your daughter and the other baby going to be around each other? Something like that happened with my middle son too. I had always known since finding out he was a boy (but really before he was even planned) that I wanted to name him Owen. A month before he was born a couple in our church had a baby boy and they named him Owen Daniel. Ours is Owen Matthew. I had no idea they were going to name him that but I decided to stick with it because I just because I loved his name so much and now 3 years later, I couldn't imagine him having any other name.

Adorkable87
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:38 PM

keep it! you love the name and your Fiance loves it too! :D

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I would keep it, if that is what her name should be.  DO you have back-ups in case she is born and you know the name you picked doesn't fit?  

Ati_13
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I know where you got that name!  Met my husband because of that author ;)

I say keep it.  But I"m totally biased on the name because I *love* the character.

t.sevenish78
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

thats exactly why I had chosen it! not many people watch/read this line of series/book and this name rocks!

Quoting Ati_13:

I know where you got that name!  Met my husband because of that author ;)

I say keep it.  But I"m totally biased on the name because I *love* the character.

abstractmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM
I like your spelling better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizMomTo4Girls
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I'd be pissed. I had chosen Kylie for my now 7 yr old while I was pregnant with her.. well DH's brother's GF was expecting also and she was a few months ahead of me. We weren't close at all but they named their DD Kylie!!! I ended up changing it and it's a good thing because we now live close by and the girls see each other almost every day. I don't think she did it on purpose.. since we never talked about names with each other.  But it still pissed me off beyond belief!angry

Liz

Pregnancy Ticker

jkmeier8909
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:06 PM

i totally like your spelling better. and its a really cute name. i think you should just keep it.

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I think Id change it if it were me..  Just because I like my names to be different then anyone elses..  But I mean ultimately its your desicion and shes your baby so if you really like the name then go for it.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)