Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is going on??

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok I am going to be 36 weeks, and I have absolutely nothing ready for DS arrival.  We just bought diapers and wipes and onsies and pants.  That is it.  His bassinet is buried downstairs, isn't washes, I don't have his area in our room clear so there is no room for him yet. I haven't washed any of the clothes we have, we haven't gotten a new crib to replace the recalled one, I haven't gotten my essential oils for labor pain relief.  It is like we are in denial that we are having another kid, what is wrong with us?  

My crazy hormonal brain is not freaked out that we aren't ready because something bad is going to happen.  I know that is so not how I should be thinking.  

I just want the nesting to kick in and make me feel better, right now I feel like jabba the hut huge lazy and worthless.  I sleep a lot, and don't want to do anything at all. 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LiznShelk
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I'm due July 13th and am still in the "lazy" phase. I have everything washed and put away but I'm lacking basic motivation to do much. Hopefully we'll be nesting in no time :)

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I hope so, I want to nest, but I am so lazy and tired and apathetic it is ridiculous.  My DH is the same way it so not like him either. 

Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM

i'm due in 3 weeks and dont have bedding, a mattress, enough diapers, wipes, the bathtub washed....at least I have a crib though...but whats the use with no mattress? lol.

I'm just as behind as you....

orange4agua72
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I'm PRETTY sure you just discribed me and my not readiness.... hehehehe

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM

BUMP!

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:12 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:15 PM

U sound normal for 36 wks pregnant lady!

I just hope the nesting kick in soon for ya!

trust me u will get it done!

Good luck!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:39 AM
there's nothing wrong.. Dh and I have procrastinated as long as we could when it came to getting ready for both of our kids! Both times, DH was at home getting the nursery put together while baby and i were at the hospital recooperating.
doulala
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Nope.   Nothing is gonna happen.

So get ready.

!!

:-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)