Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, so my oldest SIL is the most immature: we'll call her Maria.

All my Sil's are in the wedding and the last day for ordering dresses was Friday. Maria decides to go into the dress place Thursday and look at the dresses (they get to pick one out of like 10). Well, she then sends hubby a text and say "Who's paying for this?" He and I are both like..... uuuuummmmmm..... "you can ask MIL if she will for you, but YOU need to just like EVERYONE else."

ANYWAY, Friday rolls around and come to find out she didn't order it! So, I go into the dress place and she didn't even get fitted!!! (This is the LAST day it can be turned in) So, I order it, put the $100 down payment on it and guess on which dress she wants and what size.

Well, about 4 hours later, she sends me a text message saying she can't be in the wedding because SHE can't pay for a $150 dress (fine, if she didn't just brag about a random $200 tatoo she just got or the new clothes she just got)..... SERIOUSLY????

I was LIVID. And told her I went and put the deposit down on it to order it because it HAD to be done and she NOW wants to tell me this (months after she'd been asked to be in the wedding to begin with). So I ask her what do I do about being out $100 now? And she says, oh well, since you paid for that... I'll be in it.... WOW.... My hubby sent her a text and said, "We REALLY don't need that drama and honestly if it's really about money with her being in our wedding she should have told us that to begin with and not NOW"

So, now I'm down a bridesmaid, and have NO one else.... (Don't get me wrong, I'm almost happy she's not in it because she's such a DRAMA queen) BUT GOLLY, I didn't need to spend $100 and find out NOW what a jerk she is!

Sorry, I just needed to vent, as usual.... hehehehe

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
grapejelly
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:51 PM

ugh! that is a jerky thing to do... any other friends you have that could stand in?

abra
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:38 AM

sorry! I tell ya, the wedding drama is enough for me to stay in this marriage forever just so I never have to go through it again. Good thing I married a good guy.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't have put the money down to begin w/. If she wasn't adult enough to do what needed to be done by Friday then I would've left it alone and told her (if she complained about it) that she was SOL.. Maybe I'm just Bitchy?
orange4agua72
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM

No your NOT, that's kinda how I felt too after the fact too. I was just trying to get it taken care of because I'm TOO stressed to begin with to deal with that drama. Then it just created MORE drama.... uuugggghhhhh..... hehehehe

Quoting ElijahsMom211:

Honestly, I wouldn't have put the money down to begin w/. If she wasn't adult enough to do what needed to be done by Friday then I would've left it alone and told her (if she complained about it) that she was SOL.. Maybe I'm just Bitchy?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MommaBoop922
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM

ah sorry I have been there... I had an awful time with my bridesmaids and esp. my maid of honor who was my cousin.. Since you just placed the order is there anyway for them to cancel it for you?  They probably havent started anything yet or maybe you have a close friend who can stand in or who is the same size?  Sorry you are dealing with it maybe worse case if if you have to get the dress just try and sell it on ebay or something.. this way you get some money back for it and then you can forget about it... Try not to let it get you down too much this is still about you and your husband so try to focus on that and try to ignore anyone trying to bring drama!! 

Good Luck :)  I hope it works out!! 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Gotta love wedding drama...I would call the place you ordered and let them know what happened and see if you can cancel or even get a little back of your deposit.

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM

bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)