Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

love?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

i have a ds who is going on 4 and a dd who is 2 hubbie and i just found out that im preggo.

today i have had a lot of emotional breakdowns.....

ds is from a previous relationship(ds's bio dad is very involved) and i love him soooo mmuch..

dd is hubbies daughter from a previous relationship(dd's bio mom is not involved at all because of very bad reasons) i love my dd very much but its not really the same like it is with ds...i treat her as my own and she knows me and only me as mommy but the connection is not there like it is with my ds probebly because i didnt birh her

anyways..

i am sooo scared tha im not going to love this baby the same way i love my ds......im afriad im going to love it like i love my dd.

have you guys have any of these concerns or is it me just going overboard, its it just "hormones"?

i have been crying on and off all day because i am so worried, and i dont think its fair this baby not getting the love that i have for my ds.

i need reasurence ladies please

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SuperMILFof2
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM
I think all those fears wil go out the window the moment you see your baby's face. It's amazing how much we love someone we just met. Don't worry : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I'm not really sure what to say, other than HUGS mama! I can't imagine loving one child more than another, especially if they called me mommy, birthing them or not. But I'm not in the situation....

I'd just try to take it day by day and remember that HORMONES while pregnant suck!

abra
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Im guessing its the demon hormons. i've cried twice today for no reason whatsoever. I'm sure everything will be fine. Children have an amazing way of stealing their mommy's heart.

LisaS11
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:51 PM

im sure you are right! i mean im just as excited about being preggo as i was with ds so im sure once i see the baby im going to fall head over heals.

Quoting SuperMILFof2:

I think all those fears wil go out the window the moment you see your baby's face. It's amazing how much we love someone we just met. Don't worry : )

LisaS11
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:57 PM

thanks for the hugs.

and its not really that i love ds more then dd because thats not the case at all, i love them both very much, more then words can explain. but it was harder for me to get attached or even love dd on that level for awhile. her bm did some really aweful things to her and she is just now growing into a lil independent girl, we have been threw dirt and back trying to get dd the help that she needs so she can lead a normal happy life that a child should have. but regardless of all the battles we had/have to go threw with her im prepared to be there every step of the way and there are things that have grabbed ahold of my heart that makes me smile everyday with her. with ds it was so easy, because he is always happy, he is always making me smile and he is always properly taken care of so when dd came along and she had so many medical/ physical and emotional problems that we had to work threw it was so hard to fall in love with her at first.

i am sure i will be fine, but right now its one of those biazzar things that i keep thinking about and you know a pregnant lady and her hormones.....lol

Quoting orange4agua72:

I'm not really sure what to say, other than HUGS mama! I can't imagine loving one child more than another, especially if they called me mommy, birthing them or not. But I'm not in the situation....

I'd just try to take it day by day and remember that HORMONES while pregnant suck!

LisaS11
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:59 PM

children do have an amazing way of stealing a mommys heart, and its so amazing how diffrently each of them are and its so amazing the personalities they develop and the people they become, i love every min of being a mommy!

Quoting abra:

Im guessing its the demon hormons. i've cried twice today for no reason whatsoever. I'm sure everything will be fine. Children have an amazing way of stealing their mommy's heart.

3badboyz2raise
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM

well my situation is a little different b/c my first son is from a different dad but my hubby loves him as his own and he is the only father my son knows.. my hubby has been in his life since my son was 3 months old.. and i'm prego with my second child from my hubby.. so in all i have three boys.. but i think your just worrying too much if your the only mommy she knows then she loves you and as long as you treat all of them equally it does not matter if you birthed her or not.. you can love a child regardless.. 

grapejelly
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I think once the little one gets here you will have that bond and connection. Don't let the hormones get to you too much, have a little faith :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)