Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Veins bulging, and pelvic pain

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, I am 24 weeks pregnant and the back of my thigh and calf have a very large vein that just started bulging out, its very painful and it never seems to go back it just stays sticking out/bulging out of my skin. Also I have a vein on my vigina area that also just started to bulge and hurts very bad. Have you experienced this during pregnancy? My mom thinks its from weight gain but Ive only gained 6lbs this pregnancy....? And also on both sides of my vagina hurt so bad just when I stand and walk. Is there anything that I can do to help with the pain? Thanks

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Could be varicose veins. I have one on the back of my leg that reaches all the way down to my ankle. They are frequently caused during pregnancy due to the additional stress on your veins (higher blood volume, and your body working harder to pump it throughout). Weak veins will sometimes bulge under the pressure..think of squeezing a balloon and the another part getting big. They aren't dangerous at all, and usually go away after the pregnancy. They can be pretty painful though. If it is, you can use compression stockings to support circulation and also try to stay off your feet. They are commonly referred to as hemorrhoids when they are in/around the vaginal or rectum areas.

shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM

with my other pregnancy I had one vein in my vagina area that popped out when I was around 36weeks and the dr said it was from the pressure of the baby, why is this happening so soon this pregnancy?

MommaBoop922
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I get bad pelvic pain too... There isn't much I have found that helps sorry :(  I try to take warm baths if it gets super bad but other than that Ive had to just let it pass until the next time... I hope you feel better :D 

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:43 PM

the pain sounds normal i hate to say and same with the veins...if your worried you should call your dr. and try a warm bath and some tylenol

abra
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:29 AM

BUMP!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:01 AM
I'm not sure but here's a bump for you.. Maybe call and ask your dr their opinion?
shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I talked to my dr about it, she said the ones on my privates are normal, its just from the pressure of the baby and she said the ones on the back of my legs look bad and she told me to get a sleeve thing that is from a special place that will help with the veins. I pick up the leg sleeves tmr.

doulala
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I had them, too.    Delivery is the solution...

pacificamom
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM

BUMP!

ccouch24
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I also have this problem and this is my 4th pregnancy and 2nd with Vulvar Vericose Veins. They are large and painful and they burn and itch. They are only going to get worse as you gain weight and the baby gets bigger and the only cure is to deliver. The docs don't usually prescribe anything for this except bedrest and maternity support hose and it's way to hot for that in the summer. They also said Ice packs on the painful area's try not to cross your legs for long periods of time and prop feet every chance you get.. I would definatly let the docs know about it and keep them informed they even cnsidered me for c section. I am due July 16th and so far I am just trying to tough it out. Good Luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)