Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spending time with my sister at the hospital. . OT.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ahh, I am so bored. I will be here until Tuesday evening. 

I love that I am able to get online, but seriously Facebook is blocked?! 

Ugh what is everyone up to this evening!?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HisMommaNikki
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM

that stinks. facebook isnt blocked at this hospital, thank goodness...it's kept me sane for the last week! :) why are you in the hospital?

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Facebook is having difficulties right now..... :( Sucks i know! Whys ur sis @ the hospital? 

yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM

fb was blocked at my hospital to they said it was bc employees spend to much time on there.

go to m.facebook.com

and you can view the mobile version on your computer

chell.chell
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Thanks. I will try the mobile site! 

My sister was in a car accident about 10 months ago, her leg was crushed and she came in for another surgery and saw most of the bone in her leg was dead, so now she is here for a semi permanent stay until they get her leg put back together with out amputation. She has been pretty depressed so I decided to come spend a couple of nights with her. 

Jordansmom810
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Oh wow.. Thats horrible.. I hope she is ok after all of that! Sorry that facebook is blocked! I was in the hospital for three weeks last month in labor and it saved my life!! seriously bedrest sucks!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Why is FB blocked?? That makes NO sense! Let's see, it's 1a my time and I'm on CM. I should be sleeping! LOL
chell.chell
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Ha. I have no idea why it is blocked, but it makes me mad. The hospital where I live has myspace blocked, but the last time I was there I was able to get on Facebook. :]

I also ended up staying awake past 1 am. They took out the couch bed type chairs and now have semi reclining chairs in the rooms. . So my big pregnant ass could not get comfortable, if I was on my side I couldn't sleep because of how I was sitting up, on my back my legs went numb.
I ended up on the hard hospital floor. Ha, my sister called like 3 times for pillows for me, I ended up with like 6 plus the two I brought with me. Horribly uncomfortable, but so much better than the chair!
:D

Ha, thought I would tell all you ladies about my first night here! One more night to go, and then a whole day. Exciting huh? I feel so bad, she is so depressed being in here and I am the ONLY person in her life who doesn't really have any other obligations like a job or a family. I mean my husband is a truck driver. . He is home every night but leaves early and gets home around 3 am, and our baby is in my tummy. SO I almost feel like I should be here, like its my job to keep her company. But holly crap did I mention I spent 10 on a slice of pizza, cup of tea, and a fruit bowl with one cut strawberry, two bit size pieces of honey dew melon, pineapple, and 4 small grapes! HAHAH.
I am so ready to go home. My sister goes in for surgery here in a few hours so I am sure I will be going to the cafeteria to spend another 10 on a small ass meal. This place will make you go insane from boredom and needing to file bankruptcy from eating.  

Quoting ElijahsMom211:

Why is FB blocked?? That makes NO sense! Let's see, it's 1a my time and I'm on CM. I should be sleeping! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)