Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Jude's Laundry Basket - Is this overkill? UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was thinking, based on all the stories of baby poo blowouts, it might be a good idea to use a good step trash can with a tightly sealing lid for my boy's laundry basket.  If he did have a blowout, it would save me the trip to the garage (where the washer is) in the middle of the night.  We're co-sleeping so the main changing station is in our room, so it would also (hopefully) keep the odors at bay between wash days. 

Am I over thinking this?  What worked for you?  What was/is your laundry system in general?

Fantastic.  Thank you ladies! 

Ok, here's my plan:  I'll get a basket for regular used clothes.  In our master bedroom, we have our sink area in a sort of short hallway with a large closet on the way to the closed-off toilet/shower room, so I didn't want to leave stinky poop clothes in that sink!  I'll put a large-ish tupperware container under the sink with my bucket of oxyclean so I can soak and seal it off at the same time until I wash them.  I'm BFing - do I need to soak spit-up clothes?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bluebunbun
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:06 PM

dd was breast fed and this happened all the time lol...we used a normal one but i did my shirts and sweats with her clothes not much smell i always soaked them in water first

Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Thats not at all over thinking, however, in those instances, we always ran it to the washer or the sink to rinse it out.

You're not really going to want to leave a blow out ON the clothes, unless you want them stained or ruined. Maybe taking them to your bathroom sink and soaking them would be good!!

For our laundry system, we do use a closed hamper, for bibs or burp cloths that have spit up and stuff. Not that it really SMELLS, but I dont wanna SEE them...LOL

wildsissy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:08 PM

nahh I don't think that is over thinking it.  I"m cloth diapering and have a regular diaper pail that will stay in the laundry room.

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM
Good thinking for sure, but it probably wouldn't be used.
My son had maybe two or three blow outs and they were during the day lol but in the case it was at night, I'd fill the tub or sink and put his clothes in there til morning. Poop stains! Lol
Maybe I'm weird tho, idk??

I do have a tight seal trash can for diapers up stairs tho! I don't find the diaper pails useful, they still stink. No matter what

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

your gonna wanna wash it out. it will stain bad if not.

Megara
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM

We never had bad blow-outs, but for messes I always immediately put it in either the sink or the washer (for sheets and stuff) with Oxyclean to soak, and I never had anything ruined.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:59 PM
Don't let it sit between wash days- always rinse the clothes out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:17 AM
I have a $5 laundry basket from Target in his room and just put laundry in there when it's dirty. I wash the clothes when the basket get's full.. That's about it.. I don't really have a system otherwise.
ready_for2
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:18 AM

if there is any poop on anything, i rinse it immediatley in the sink

but i cloth diaper, so i am used to constantly rinsing. i rinse out all the pee diapers too, to keep them from smelling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)