Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bug Spraying... *PIOG*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

We just moved in our house a few months ago and didn't even think about bug spraying. Now we have noticed ants are making their way in. (GAG ME!!) I have always heard not to spray while pregnant but I am to the point where I am going to go crazy if we dont! So ladies, tell me this.. The next couple weekends we are going out of town.. Do you think it is safe to have the house sprayed on a Friday and return on Sunday night and leave the windows cracked? Ughh the thought of this is just making me want to itch all over!!! Adviceeee!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

You only need to stay out of your house for 12 to 24 hours after bug bombing.

grapejelly
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:48 PM

depends on what you are spraying or having sprayed..

my DH works for Terminix and the stuf he uses for ants is safe for preg. women as long as we don't eat it haha. (it's a gel though that you put around the cracks, trim, and doors, (anywhere you see ants)... if you have a product you want me to ask him about i can :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I have always used Terro (I believe that is what it is called) for ants.  But, I would think it would be safe to have it sprayed as long as it is well ventilated when you come back.  Hope they go away for you.

njchute
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM
It is ants! And I planned on calling Terminix so that will be good! Thanks so much for the info!

Quoting grapejelly:

depends on what you are spraying or having sprayed..

my DH works for Terminix and the stuf he uses for ants is safe for preg. women as long as we don't eat it haha. (it's a gel though that you put around the cracks, trim, and doors, (anywhere you see ants)... if you have a product you want me to ask him about i can :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:40 PM

From what I read yes but don't touch where they've sprayed, make sure you aren't the first in the house (have DH go in to open doors and windows to ventilate) and make sure all food prep area (including sink) is wiped down and washed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)