Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help.....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

What should I do? I am confused on if I want to change my OB/Gyn. I was kinda of dissatisfied with the services I got last time I felt really rushed and then I find out my dr may not even be there to deliver my baby. I am debating on if I want to change Dr's I mean they have always been nice before. but I was looking forward to a dr that would be with me the entire time. I mean she is pregnant but still. I am bothered by the fact that she may or may not be there. 

pregnancy week by week

HOPING FOR A GIRL!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM

If it really bothers you, switch. I have yet to have a doctor who is with me for the long haul, but it doesn't really bother me so I've never switched.  Good luck, mama!!

kuriequinn
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I switched doctors when I was about 15 weeks.  I did not like the first doc at all.  If you don't feel comfortable and you don't think it is a one time thing, then switch docs.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I may be switching providers and I am 35 weeks so if you aren't happy then yes do it

wildsissy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

well.. you are still early enough that if you want to change now you better do it. 

Adorkable87
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM

if your bothered by it i would talk to or switch your dr... you dersurve all the time you need and dont need to feel rushed at all!

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I will change obn if i felt the way u did!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:38 AM
It's really up to you.. I have a MW who is on call certain days and is not necessarily on call when I was supposed to deliver.. As it turns out she was there for my first but not my 2nd. Honestly, I didn't even really care that much..
ready_for2
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:39 AM

i would switch if you are not comfortable, but it might be hard to find a doctor who will for sure be there. since they usually take turns with other doctors who are on call....

doulala
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:47 AM

I think for the best chance of what you want, a small practice/midwifery practice will be a better fit...

If you are still pregnant then it's not too late to switch.

And if you are paying for the services (or your insurance is) then you deserve to get wonderful care !!

grapejelly
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM

i'd change if it's already bothering you.. I felt rushed from day 1 with my OB,  it took me until 28 weeks to switch and I wish I would've done it so much earlier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)