Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast pump advice...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was looking at breast pumps today.. and I don't know what kind to buy. I could use some input from all you pros out there. I dont know if i should get a manual or an automatic one. I dont think i will be pumping alot, just if we go out, or so DH or someone else can feed her. I also dont know what brand to get. I've heard good and bad things about a few of them. If anyone has some tips or advice for me, i would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I thought I was going back to work after my first was born. I bought a Medela Pump in Style and I got no good results from it. I don't think my breasts were meant to be pumped though because even after been extremely engorged and pumping with a hospital grade pump after my son's surgery, I still only got a few ounces.

I can't reccomend a certain type but if you're only going to pump on the rare occasion you and your husband go out, I would just buy a small manual.

majikalmama
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM
I have the playtex nursing necessities embrace deluxe double electric breast pump and I absolutely love it. I bought it off of amazon for $160 there is also a smaller version instead of the deluxe it is the petite. I have never tried it but it runs for around $100. Hope this helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildsissy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:09 PM

with my first son I rented a hospital grade medela pump and loved it. I can't afford to do it this time around so I went with the Playtex EMBRACE.  I got it on WalMarts website for $130 and it got better ratings than the highest grade personal medela on the market.  I haven't used it yet because I'm still preggers so I can't tell you from experience, sorry.

i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I had the playtex petite one, I was inexperience and the directions said it was for occasional pumping... and that it is - it doesnt seem to keep up when used more often.  Does that make sense?  For this baby, we got a Medela pump for a gift.  I'm only 10weeks along so not sure if its better yet, but its what WIC, the hospital, and my sister recommends.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM

BUMP!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:42 AM
I've heard that the medela brand is best! I bought a medela hand pump and LOVED it tho I think I'm too lazy for a hand pump and think I would've like the electric one better but the hand pump was cheaper.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)