Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Greetings

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:28 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi everyone, my name is Alicia, I am twenty- three and I am expecting my first bundle of joy. I plan to give a natural birth and I honestly don't think that I have any supporters. I am 12 weeks...yay!! I know it is really early, but my friend told me that if I were serious about giving a natural birth, it is something that I should pray about and prepare for throughout my entire pregnancy. So ladies please help me out with advice and all that cool stuff.. Thanks I cant wait to get know you all

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Hi!

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!     :-D

I am glad you are here~~

I do have a lot of helpful ideas & info, where to begin?!?   haha

How are you preparing?
Do you have a midwife, a doula, taking birth classes, reading (the "right" info-books, watching videos, taking good classes?

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM

congrats and welcome to the group!!!

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

czama00
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Welcome and congrats.. I'm 22 and expecting my first C =
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia055
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Welcome to the group future mommy!!  Hope all goes well!

kittin002002
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Im working on my first baby also and working toward a natural birth.  How im preparing is first - Think Positive - our bodies were made for this we can do it.  second - Educate Yourself - you need to know options and positions and anything you can learn that will help you w/ this and if something goes wrong and natural is not an option anymore you can go into that w/ confidence and not be taken by surprise. 

I hope this helps you out and if you need someone to support you Im here for you

CafeMom Tickers
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:26 AM
I can tell you now that you will have TONS of supporters on here!! This is a very supportive and wonderful group! It's my favorite group here on CM.. Congrats on the baby! I'm Megan, 25yo mom to Elijah (2) and Noah (3mo)..
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Welcome and congrats on the pregnancy!  I did natural birth with my first two births, and I didn't really have any supporters except my husband, doula and midwife.  You can do it!!  Have you considered hiring a doula?  She is great support during labor.

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM

You can most definitely do whatever you want!!! Some people just suck or are jealous you are considering something they don't think they can do..

I do agree you need to prepare for labor and what it take to have a natural child birth.. Get a midwife and she can walk you though.. Birth is a natural process and as long as you find some support you will do wonderfully, even if that's only your midwife and not friends..

Congrats

Erica

alicia262
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:17 AM

No I dont have any of the above. I do not even know where to begin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)