Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can do this, right?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so I just sent my Dh and Dd off to grocery shop and get the hell out of my hair.  I need to clean my house it looks like college students threw a party in here.  I hate cleaning, I don't want to but I also cannot live in this mess.  I can do this.  Any tips on doing it fast and efficient without feeling like dying and giving up?  There has to be a more fun way to clean?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildsissy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM

ummm I hate cleaning so I am of no help.. just have to keep moving I guess.  Maybe just blast some music you like?

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Have hubby do all the pick up and u do everything at your level.....

does this make sense?

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Mrs.Custer:

does this make sense?

If we had a typical relationship that way I would, but he does ALL the cleaning I don't hardly ever clean, and I feel bad being such a lazy jerk and not helping.  The house is a mess this time because of me, and I don't want to make him clean up for my lack of motivation and messiness. 

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Can u get a teenager to clean for u and make it look like u did it! lmao

Alot of teenager cant get job right now so they do anything for a 20 dollar bill!

Just a thought!

Have fun being lazy --- I so wish!

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Quoting Mrs.Custer:

does this make sense?

If we had a typical relationship that way I would, but he does ALL the cleaning I don't hardly ever clean, and I feel bad being such a lazy jerk and not helping.  The house is a mess this time because of me, and I don't want to make him clean up for my lack of motivation and messiness. 

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I usually turn my music on loud and just do it as fast as I can..  but I dont really mind cleaning..  Good luck..

zebbyzebby06
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM

glad im not the only one, my situation though my hubby is gone all together 1 year-FINALLY coming home in august yah!! but withthe kids the dogs shopping i have no energy by the end of the day i too need help, i clean get to my last room, go back to the first, and its a disaster, wears me out lol

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM

yeah I am gonna put on music, and do as much as I can as fast as I can before my body screams stop it you big bellied nut. 

Ballababy177
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Carry around a basket (I do it w/ a laundry basket) and throw everything in it that doesn't belong in the livingroom and as u walk through the other rooms, put the stuff in those rooms accordingly. And do it w/ the other rooms as well. Good luck. I hate cleaning too

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Quoting Ballababy177:

Carry around a basket (I do it w/ a laundry basket) and throw everything in it that doesn't belong in the livingroom and as u walk through the other rooms, put the stuff in those rooms accordingly. And do it w/ the other rooms as well. Good luck. I hate cleaning too

that is a neat idea, I like it.  Everything is in the rooms they belong right now but all over my toddler is a tornado.  I will use that to be better about keeping up with cleaning it is a great idea. thx

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

yeah I am gonna put on music, and do as much as I can as fast as I can before my body screams stop it you big bellied nut. 

That's probably what I'll have to end up doing. Try to have fun with it! (It's not my favorite task either.)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)