Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lactating?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok ive been lactating since about 23 weeks and it has been clear but today it has been really heavy and like milky white. is this normal. i didnt have any kind of milk production with DS so this is new to me. sorry ive been so whiney today I guess Im over the 35 week mark now and the count down has begun as well as every bodily thing that goes with pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:36 PM

yep --normal

LindseyKate
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:36 PM

hmm ive been noticing the same type of change and im 37weeks as of yesterday so im not sure... =/ sorry mama

stellarluna
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM

totally normal

abra
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM

my girlfriend starts like really lactating mid pregnancy. Mine doesn't come in until several hours after giving birth. Every woman is different, but it is all "normal".

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:12 AM
I don't think you've been whiney at all! I have no clue for your ? tho, so here's a bump!
MummaNik
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Totally normal! I started with both pregnancies around 15-16 weeks. Sometimes it's clear, sometimes it's yellow or white. It's just colostrum! My midwife thinks that means the women will have no problems making enough milk! So it's a good thing =) Even though the wet marks on you shirt can be annoying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)