Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Your sex drive and the baby's sex

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: During your pregnancy...

Options:

High sex drive and having a boy

Low sex drive and having a girl

High sex drive and having a girl

Low sex drive and having a boy

Other....

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 59

View Results

Ok, so I'm coming up with a little theory here and want to see if it's right. With my last pregnancy (boy) my sex drive was through the roof. I wanted sex all the time. This pregnancy (surprise) I have had very little interest in sex. I'm definitely not feeling near as sexual as I did with the last. So here's my question:

If you have a  high sex drive does this mean boy? Low sex drive mean girl? Maybe because of the testosterone levels being different when growing a boy vs. girl?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I have high sex drive no matter - what the gender is!

Jessicut
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I'm having a boy and my sex drive has been REALLY low. When I'm not pregnant my sex drive is through the roof.

Jess0915
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I had a high sex drive (not as high as this time though) with my first - a boy.

Low sex drive with my second - a girl.

And extremely high sex drive this time - girl.

So, I'm not sure if there is a correlation or not. . . not for me anyway, lol.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
wildsissy
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I agree with your theory in fact I've posted HERE about it as well and people have disagreed with me.  I always have a very HEALTHY sex drive due to my PCOS and the fact that I have wayyy more testosterone in my system than any girl should.. so my last pregnancy I was my normal hornball self, I was pregnant with a boy.  This pregnancy however (pregnant with a girl).. TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND IT'S HORRIBLE.  I'm actually very depressed about it, because my DH has a low sex drive so it takes my high sex drive to keep things "happy" in our household... now with this girl on the way since my 2nd trimester I have NO desire for sex, I can't "O", nothing feels good or right and DH has totally given up.  It really sucks.

wildsissy
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:20 AM

you know.. it might help to add to the theory how far into pregnancy everyone is.. because the first trimester my sex drive was high with this girl, but from exactly 12 weeks on DUMPSTER. I'm now 39 weeks and going nuts.

Mrs.Evans87
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM

with my first pregnancy and this one it has been lower, both times girls, but it has more to do with exhaustion and not with me just not wanting it.

mommaross2
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM
with my son (first) i had an extremely high sex drive. with my dd (second) i had somewhat of a high sex drive it was more like id just have my days. with this one its a boy (third) i have absolutely no sex drive at all....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taliyahmommy
by on Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Same thing here

Quoting Jessicut:

I'm having a boy and my sex drive has been REALLY low. When I'm not pregnant my sex drive is through the roof.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolemac
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:53 PM
With my first my son, in the first trimester my libido was high but slowed eventually to none in my third, I'm pregnant now and my sex drive at 5 weeks has increased because of pregnancy, I'm pretty positive the embryo hasent developed the gender but I am curious that if indeed having a boy increases the testosterone in the woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pretttynpink88
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Low sex drive - boy

BUT

when pregnant with  my daugher I had a low sex drive too....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)