Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Water leaking or vaginal discharge?TMI

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

Last night I woke up and my shorts were damp. I changed and went pee then as i was walking back to bed a trickle went down my leg. When I wiped it off it was clear. I sat on the toilet and walked around to see if more would trickle out. It didn't so I went back to bed. I woke up this morning to another trickle running down my buttcrack (I was laying down). Again, when I walk around it stops. I am so confused. It is very watery, not sticky at all, and doesn't have a smell. Anyone experienced this before? I would like to save myself another embarrassing trip to L&d if I can.

*Taryn*: Married toJonathan. Mommy of Caleb 6.12.05 and Coryn11.9.07.  Expecting Cruz June 27th, 2010!

by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarahcastillo
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Yes. I have experienced this with my son at the same point in pregnancy that you are at, I went in and my water had broke. When you walk or get up from a sitting position do you feel a little gush like you started your period? that is what mine reminded me of.

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Its completely clear? not milkish white right? It does sound like your water might have a small leak and if I thought so I would get checked out. Is your dr not open this morning? For something like that they usually try to squeeze you in. Your water leaking is not an emergency HOWEVER if you continue to lose it, it could become one :)

alliesaurus
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM

your water may have broken and when you stand up baby's head "corks" the leak lol. I would definitely go get get checked!!

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Sounds like a leak. When my water broke it wasn't a gush it was a slow leak. Maybe call your doc since its business hours and they can test it at the clinic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bradenlukemom
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Definitely call your Dr, especially since you are this close to your due date! Try wearing a sanitary pad and observe the way the discharge looks and smells, if it has a color and smells sweet it's amniotic fluid, if it smells sweaty or like amonia and is clear it could just be pee! I had this happen to be with my second pregnancy, I leaked urine the entire time due to weak pelvic floor muscles, gross, I know, huh? It would stop however when I would keegel or tighen my pelvic muscles while sitting down. A trickle that you are not able to stop while sitting is fluid leaking.  If it's vaginal discharge it will be accompany with a mucusy discharge and be tinged with a color as well. Let us know what the Dr says!

grapejelly
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM

BUMP!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Often when your water breaks it won't leak or trickle when your walking around b/c the baby's head is pushing down and blocking the leak. I would go get checked out!!

tandie1977
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM
it sounds like you are leaking i would call doc or go to er goodluck keep up posted oh how far are you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)