Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Signs water may break soon? What were you doing when or before your water broke?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'd just like to hear some stories about water breaking. Had you been very active before it broke? Did you have a normal pregnancy? How far along were you? Mine didn't break on its own with my first. I'm 35.5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. This time I have aot more BH contractions that are stronger & painful. She kicks like crazy - I feel like she could break my water sometimes!

by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Megara
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Pushing :-)

My water broke after transition in labor.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM

My water broke naturally with my son.

I hadn't felt any BH the whole pregnancy. I wasn't overly active, though I had taken a walk that morning. There weren't really any signs that made me think "okay, my water's going to break soon". I used the bathroom, stood up, and it broke. I was 3 cm dilated, and 4 days before my due date. Baby's head was still pretty high up. 

This time around, the doctor broke it in the hospital. I was 6 cm and the baby's head was right there, but it didn't break on its own. That was 5 days before my due date.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Hannah14
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I was 38 weeks and 4 days when mine broke, the funny thing is, I was scheduled to be induced the next day! So my son just decided he couldn't wait that long!

CafeMom Tickers
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Mine broke during labor no sign it just did

Jayzwife
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 9:15 PM
my water never brakes.with my 3rd pg i was 10 cm and my water still didnt break.they broke it b4 i started pushing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)