Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick question..this is driving me crazy

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:13 AM
  • 10 Replies

So the past week when i lay down at night, usually around 930ish I start contracting really bad, it starts in my back and is really painful, they come about every 3-4 mins and sometimes they last til 3-4 am before somewhat letting up so that I can sleep...what is this? I am not dehydrated..I have never experienced this before with any of my pregnancies...I am currently 19 weeks and this has been going on for about a week now...I dont have any type of infection, but this is really getting on my nerves...it hurts so bad, that there r times that i cry thru them b/c they hurt so bad....i dont think they r b.h. b/c the frequency and the intensity....i have had my husband try and rub my back and that does nothing...i try laying on my sides during them and that does nothing to relieve the pain....help please...any suggestions????

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregowithfifth
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:15 AM

What has your doc said?

ohiomommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:57 AM

i asked him and he wouldnt give me an answer...so thast why i am asking here....anyone????

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM

sound like kidney stone to me or a infection! 

palemoon21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I don't know....are you possibly having muscle spasms??

ohiomommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM

nope not muscle spasms i have had them before many times and this is totally different....my husband even feel the tightening and then it does go around to my stomach and last for 45 sec to a min each and then lets up..so i am really confused...dont think kidney stones i have had them before and this doesnt feel like those...

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:29 AM

I would talk to your doctor, but around 20 weeks with my son, I started getting braxton hick contractions that hurt so bad I went to the ER freakig out that I was in real labor.... I wasn't.. just some women get the "pain" with the braxton hick contractions too ... but if your worried, talk to your doctor!

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:33 AM

THis is true to so they say drink more water

I know i know!

If your drs not helping u figure it out --- go to the ER!

Quoting kajira:

I would talk to your doctor, but around 20 weeks with my son, I started getting braxton hick contractions that hurt so bad I went to the ER freakig out that I was in real labor.... I wasn't.. just some women get the "pain" with the braxton hick contractions too ... but if your worried, talk to your doctor!

mama63640
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:40 AM
I had b/h from 19 weeks on and they had me in pain a few times that I had to go to l&d the first I really freaked out it could be that your baby is growing and causing pain plus I had real bad back labor. Did you have any back labor with your other pregnancies? I would say to play ot safe go to the er and get checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:18 AM

are you very stressed?

ohiomommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:25 AM

not really stressed anymore than I normally am....i finally was able to get to sleep around 5 this morn when the pains let up...but now they r picking up again....and i was also getting a lot of pressure with them last night.....they kind of felt like what it did when i went into labor with my son at 32 weeks...so i dont know...i was already 1 cm dialated at my last appt...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)