Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

horrible contractions woke me up

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM
  • 14 Replies
So im trying to time them but they are not timeable they arent regular but get stronger each time one comes this is my 5th baby so i fear she will come fast but also dont wanna go in too soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alaina83
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:34 AM

If they get strong enough that you can't walk or talk through them then go in, don't worry about the timing, good luck!!

yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:35 AM

go in soon!!

mommyof4gurlz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Ok so the time really isnt important then?

Quoting Alaina83:

If they get strong enough that you can't walk or talk through them then go in, don't worry about the timing, good luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM

when they are 5 min apart go in

mommyof4gurlz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Ok thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM

If they're intense and aren't really far apart (I'm guessing since you're trying to time them they aren't like an hour apart) I would go in! My last baby was born in the car because the contractions were intense but irregular and I was trying to decide if it was real or not (I always have tons of contractions for months beforehand as well which doesn't help-lol) or if I should wait a little longer. Within the span of one contraction they went from being 4 to 6 minutes apart (which is how far apart they started at) to 30 seconds apart and tripled in intensity. :-S The worst that'll happen is they'll say go home and you can just stay and walk around the hospital grounds for a bit until they're closer together.

mommyof4gurlz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:50 AM
Thats the problem i have so many fake ones i cant decide if there real or not

Quoting GodsAmiga:

If they're intense and aren't really far apart (I'm guessing since you're trying to time them they aren't like an hour apart) I would go in! My last baby was born in the car because the contractions were intense but irregular and I was trying to decide if it was real or not (I always have tons of contractions for months beforehand as well which doesn't help-lol) or if I should wait a little longer. Within the span of one contraction they went from being 4 to 6 minutes apart (which is how far apart they started at) to 30 seconds apart and tripled in intensity. :-S The worst that'll happen is they'll say go home and you can just stay and walk around the hospital grounds for a bit until they're closer together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:53 AM

I would say when you can't talk/walk or function right through them...go in. :) Good luck!

mommyof4gurlz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:07 AM
They are mostly in my back not really the tummy wierd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM

mine were in my back with connor. the whole labor. most wernt picking up on the monitors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)