Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling discouraged and needing prayers no bashing please........Has nothing to do with my pregnancy everything is good on that part

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

I find myself struggling and losing faith in god and people around me. I try not to ask for much from him, just that work stays steady for hubby and that our bills and kids are taken care of. I don't care about having expensive things or what not. It just seems the harder we try and do everything right by ourselves other people around us and god some how we get screwed. People use us, or just don't appreciate the things they have, or use people. Good things always seems to happen to them or they get blessed. I am just having a hard time understanding it all. I am sure some of it is my pregnancy hormones are making me emotional. But dang it when is it going to be our time to get a break and when things get good stay good for us. I don't want to lose faith it breaks my heart to think about. I just don't know what to do because praying i believe isn't working for us

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
palemoon21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:06 AM

*hugs* Sometimes you have to believe in yourself as well. :)

VintageWife
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:14 AM
We can't understand everything God does. Remember when we pray, there is always an answer but sometimes it is a no. He also answers in His time, not ours. Some things seem like someone else has received the blessing we asked for, but in the end, we see how it worked out for the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sk8trgirl2100
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Quoting VintageWife:

We can't understand everything God does. Remember when we pray, there is always an answer but sometimes it is a no. He also answers in His time, not ours. Some things seem like someone else has received the blessing we asked for, but in the end, we see how it worked out for the best.

Well said... I also believe that god will never give you more than you can handle.. someone once told me you can wish and pray all you want and it can help but nothing will just come to you.. you need to work hard for it. since people are using you and don't appreciate it then stop helping. you need to help yourself before you can help others in a situation like this. maybe try another job if this ones not working out for him. thats what were in the process of doing and it seems to be working great! don't lose faith.. everyone falls down but they get back up again! It's how you become stronger as an individual and stronger as a family. praying works.. it all takes time though. god is a very busy person and can't help everyone at the exact moment they need it.

abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

(((hugs))) I know exactly how that feels. It will get better. I don't have much faith in people, but God has never let me down, although sometimes I don't understand why He does what He does, He always brings good from everything.

c.p.c.k
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Im not a very religious person although I do believe in the whole life after death thing. This is mainly because I lost my mum little over 5 years ago, she was my best friend, my everything, and since then I have little faith that there is a God. Please know Im not bashing your beliefs x Since mum went everything has gone wrong for my dad, he had lost his job and financially all that could go wrong did, luckily he got another job but as of next week he loses that so therefore he is on the verge of losing his house too. The only good thing God has blessed my dad with since mum passed is another 4 but nearly 6 grandchildren (there will be 11 once me and sil have given birth).

I hope you get your faith back in whatever form that maybe xxx

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM

See the confusing part of it is my husband has tried other jobs and adventures in the work force. But for some reason God has him right where he wants him in construction. My husband gained so much knowledge he is like a sponge. We know this is where god wants him, We are just clueless to why. His parents are pastors, we are non- denominational. I love my new church that i go to. I just want to know what he wants us to do.

Quoting sk8trgirl2100:

Quoting VintageWife:

Well said... I also believe that god will never give you more than you can handle.. someone once told me you can wish and pray all you want and it can help but nothing will just come to you.. you need to work hard for it. since people are using you and don't appreciate it then stop helping. you need to help yourself before you can help others in a situation like this. maybe try another job if this ones not working out for him. thats what were in the process of doing and it seems to be working great! don't lose faith.. everyone falls down but they get back up again! It's how you become stronger as an individual and stronger as a family. praying works.. it all takes time though. god is a very busy person and can't help everyone at the exact moment they need it.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM

BUMP!

Rav3ness
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM
first off stay patient. continue to pray.

when i go through trials i think of it as God is reminding me to rely on him, give him 100% of my time. to me trials are a test to our faith. God wants to know if we are going to cry out to him in everything we do! and remember it doesnt last forever, those who are faithful will always be rewarded.

i know it may be hard, but never lose your faith! afterall thats all we have!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsmama2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:14 AM

As God's children we will always struggle more and be put through more test then others.. This could just be a test to see how strong your faith is Mama.. I have went through similar situations and I just had to pray harder and have more faith.. Things will hopefully get better in time.. I am here if you need me Mama...

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)