Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you notice this?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM
  • 14 Replies

I'm getting really frustrated lately with all the recalls. Granted they don't always concern me but still.....

Drop side and Fixed side Cribs, Spagetti-Os, Kellogg's Cereal and oh-the-not-so-long-ago Shrek Glasses from McDonalds.

It really is starting to anger me because it seems like it has to do with mainly children's items/food products.

What's going on with everything? Is it just mass hysteria or do you ladies notice the increase in the recalls lately?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Yep -- It time to go the old fashion way!

cmbuell
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM
omg yes its super irritating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yturbide
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I notice it too! 

And it pisses me off because it's like.....aren't these items being checked BEFORE they go out on the shelves? Why aren't they being tested before they go out for the public to buy???

miss_hughes
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

yeah...weve been co sleeping but recently i decided it was time to try his own crib. well we never bought one so i went to look, and i was then told about all the crib recalls. i said "oooooook thats my sign that co-sleeping it is!"

mommyto3bees
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

what kinda spagettios

palemoon21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Quoting mommyto3bees:

what kinda spagettios

Here ya go...

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_035_2010_Release/index.asp

doulala
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:50 AM

It's been nice to be a "natural-ish" mama because so far, it has never been an issue.

(No toys from China/plastic toys, no plastic cups, no fast food anything at all, no cribs, etc.)

Mrs.Custer
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I wanted to put this here but my link not working,,,,,,mmmmm

http://www.inhabitots.com/2010/06/11/85-of-kids-drinks-snacks-could-contain-high-levels-of-lead/

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM

yeah we thought we would have the same crib for all of kids but no ours is recalled, and now all of them are way expensive, its annoying.  I would co-sleep but we dh and I aren't good for that we move too much.  So we have to bite the bullet. 

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM

I know they haven't been recalled (yet) but I will never again buy Capri Sun drinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)