Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no good lousy situation =( what do you girls think i should do?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok, so i might be jumping the gun by worrying about this but i cant help it.  I am a little over 37 weeks pregnant and have had a healthy problem free pregnancy.  My due date is July 16th and i know that most first time pregnancies go over 40 weeks, which is fine by me except that my DH is in the army and is leaving on July 21st!!  I really dont want to be induced for a non-medical reason, but my family is saying that im being selfish by not scheduling a c-section or induction.  Of course i want my DH to be here and to get to spend some time with our son before he leaves but i want labor to start naturally (which it very well might before then)  I havent had BH contractions (that i know of) or anything yet!!  my gut tells me hes not coming before my due date...

sorry this is long.

any advice???

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM

With my first I was induced 3 days after my due date and ended up with a c-section and believe me you don't want that because a c-section follows you around for all your future births and makes them hell I would know fighting for a VBAC is all I have done for the last 37 weeks. You really should not induce a first pregnancy if it isn't medically necessary, and it is not selfish to wait its actually selfless because you won't be causing any risks to you or the baby.  I really think you need to stick to your guns.  I wish so much that I would have known that induction can be so risky with my first it would have saved me PPD and now the battle to get the birth I want this time. 

Erika2408
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:08 AM

It's NOT selfish you don't want a c section if you don't have to have one. My first I just thought for sure he would be late and guess what he came early water broke. Before that I had no BH ctx didn't lose the plug or have any bloody show. Just wait it out you never know you still have about 3 more weeks to go. 

Laurenn33
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:19 AM

If it were me, I would be inducted either on the due date or day after. There is no way that I would not want my husband to be there for te birth of our baby. There is nothing more special in life than the birth of your child. jmo.

CJsmama2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I completly agree with you. I was induced 3 days before my son's due date and ended up with a c-section... I also for the last 35 weeks have been fighting for a VBAC.... I think that you should do whatever you feel right and screw what others think. This is your body and your baby, it sucks to think that your DH might not be there but baby could come out before he leaves you never know.. And you don't want to risk future births that you guys may have by rushing little guy before he is ready....

Quoting truealaskanmom:

With my first I was induced 3 days after my due date and ended up with a c-section and believe me you don't want that because a c-section follows you around for all your future births and makes them hell I would know fighting for a VBAC is all I have done for the last 37 weeks. You really should not induce a first pregnancy if it isn't medically necessary, and it is not selfish to wait its actually selfless because you won't be causing any risks to you or the baby.  I really think you need to stick to your guns.  I wish so much that I would have known that induction can be so risky with my first it would have saved me PPD and now the battle to get the birth I want this time. 

CafeMom Tickers
Tictactara03
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

BUMP!

abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM

You aren't being selfish. You and the hubby are protecting your son by not forcing him out before he is ready. Our bodies are amazing and know the right time for our babies to be born. Anyone who tells you that should be told that they should worry about their own kids and let you take care of your own. Good luck!

Bknotnobody
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM

You're doing what you what you feel is right, and its obviously better for the baby if you wait. So you're not being selfish. I don't know about all the branches, but I know now that dad's at least in the navy get two weeks "daddy leave" when a baby is born. 

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM

If I were you, I'd totally want my DH to be there for the birth.. Maybe try to get labor going naturally (via walking a lot, sex, castor oil, etc).. See if that works..

Heidi.Bug
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I would try naturally to go into labor. Walking alot, sex, anything you can think of to get the labor moving. My husband is going to afganistan and I am facing the same problem, even though his RandR is around the baby's due date I know baby will most likely still be in there lol

Jena003
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Quoting abra:

You aren't being selfish. You and the hubby are protecting your son by not forcing him out before he is ready. Our bodies are amazing and know the right time for our babies to be born. Anyone who tells you that should be told that they should worry about their own kids and let you take care of your own. Good luck!

I agree. I hope you come to a decision you are comfortable with. Good Luck. Only you can choose what is best for you and your family. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)