• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ITS A FULL MOON TONIGHT!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM
  • 13 Replies

who is close to labor!!!

I recently have been having pre labor, lost all of my plug, dilating, lots of cramping and contracting about 6 mins apart all week long and as of yesterday probably what is a high water leak but they sent me home to wait for the big gush or stronger contractions to begin. My nurse made a comment about it being near a full moon and that she wouldnt be surprised to see me back this weekend. Of course I came home and googled the heck out of it and basically found that the moon's gravitation pull has an effect on amniotic fluid, much like it does to all of the earths waters and that even hospitals will staff more around a full moon! I know not everyone may feel the same way and scientifically true or not im keeping my fingerscrossed!!!! Im interested in knowing your thoughts and experiences and lets see who has a full moon baby!!!! <i hope its me =D

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM
I hope it has no effect on me as I am only 25 weeks and 1 day lol. But good luck to the rest of you ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM

c'mon full moon! .......i would like it to work.........but i'm really guessing mine wont come...lol

tandie1977
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM
ok when theres a full moon when you are prego are you suppose to were a certain color i dont know i just heard but i am only 19 weeks. the question sounds weird sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_wife8181
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

im hoping too! Fingers Crossed!

momto1girl3boys
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Quoting majikalmama:

I hope it has no effect on me as I am only 25 weeks and 1 day lol. But good luck to the rest of you ladies.

Awesome! I think we have the same due date! :) Do you know if you are having a boy or girl? We are having a girl. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
danielsmommy2b
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Hm... sounds nice! Hubby and I did the deed this morning... nothing. Try again tonight, maybe with that and the full moon?!?! What do you think?! Worth a shot!

abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM

A full moon didn't help me with my first (I was overdue) but you never know! Good luck!!!!

Alaina83
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I am hoping too! I'm almost 38 weeks so it could be possible, I had my last son at 38 weeks on the full moon

SillyJessi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Oh I had my 2nd son 2 days after the full moon.  I was in prodromal labor at night for days.  Everytime the moon would come up I'd go into prodromal (practice labor, prelabor, whatever you want to call it).  I am pretty sure it's true lol! 

I can't believe I have 2 or 3 more full moons to go!!!

alliesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

nah...its one of those things where your body is supposed to be ready to have baby anyways!

Quoting majikalmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)