• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can or cant i eat when expecting? please help!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

Its been 6 years since i had my frist child and now i am expecting againg and i dont have a dr.s appt next week and i wanna make sure that my baby dosent get anythiong thats not good for her??? some 1 please help thanks!!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Alaina83
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM

You should avoid, raw meat, raw shellfish, fish with mercury like shark or sword fish (who eats those anyway) and limit tuna to a couple times a week. Ummm no raw egg, and they will also tell you caffine, but I would just limit that, no soft cheeses like feta and also some will tell you no deli meat but I eat it all the time when preggo and my babies are fine.

abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:01 PM

shell fish, keep an eye out for salmonella (eggs), you can have limited amounts of caffeine and make sure your cheese is pasteurized. Some mamas like to have a glass of wine with dinner, but you need to ask your doctor about that. Good luck!!

ready_for2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM

i wouldnt worry about it too much... the chances of something happening are so slim. you probably have more of a chance of having a problem from all of the interventions and routine testing they give pregnant women than you do from food.

AlishaRenee
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM

i was also told not to eat very much sea food, shrimp crab ect... and of course thats all i wanted lol

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

heres a list of foods to avoid during pregnancy and why...from the american pregnancy association:

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html

Bknotnobody
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:01 PM

The whattoexpect.com site has a lot of good advice, as well as the book, what to expect when you're expecting. I know its your second pregnancy its mine too, but its been five years, and wow its telling me things I never knew. I found my copy at walmart for like 12 bucks. 

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM

IMO there are lots of things that "people" think pregnant women shouldn't eat but it's all crap to me.. Unless it's like a strong medicine, MOST foods are find to eat..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)