Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm scared to death of my doctor!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 37 Replies

But I think it's a little too late...I'm 39 weeks 1 day pregnant.

I've never really liked this doctor office in the beginning but thought I would just stick with it since it would be such a hassle trying to find another one. Well here recently I have been hearing all negative things about my doctor! He has even been sued for malpractice!!!!!!! My friend told me about her friend who had had 2 previous miscarriages before getting pregnant a 3rd time. Well she TOLD him about the miscarriages and for some reason he refused to do and U/S on her to keep up with this baby. She goes into labor at 31 weeks and delivers a dead baby who has been dead since 16 WEEKS!!!! She almost died from it too!!!

I'm freaking out. I know my baby isn't dead bc I feel him/her move all the time. But I feel like they don't know what they are doing and this is going to be the worst birthing experience ever!!!!!!

Is it too late to change doctors? lol.....

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ati_13
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM

NO it is NOT too late to change doctors!  If you don't like this guy, GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE!

I wouldn't believe the story about a 16 week miscarriage going to 31 weeks, though.  Between those two times she would have had appointments and heard the baby's heartbeat, she would have noticed her belly not growing, and she probably would have developed an infection.  That's THREE MONTHS.  It's possible the baby died of growth restriction and was small enough that they were considered younger, but unless she wasn't seeing anyone for prenatal care she would have known.

Daisymae6
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:58 AM

It's most definately NOT too late!!  if you are not comfortable then find a new doctor immediately.

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:59 AM

It's never too late...Think about those times that a woman who doesn't know she's pregnant goes to the Emergency Room.  If she's in labor they don't send her home because they don't have a doctor.  Good luck to you and congratulations!

kuriequinn
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Its never too late to switch doctors.  I switched doctors, though much earlier than you, and it wasn't too much of a hassle.  This guy sounds scary!

MommySteph06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Honestly, I think you'll have a hard time finding a doctor or midwife willing to take on a new patient so far into the pregnancy, but it's definitely worth a shot. And like a PP said, you could always just show up in the ER and have the on-call doc help you.

in love   toddler girl  toddler boy   breastfeeding

Steve & Steph         Kayla Rose         Brennan Gerard      Evan James

11/2004               10/28/06              3/16/08              10/28/09

Jena003
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I would switch if I felt that freaked out. Or you can go to the hospital and tell them you dont have a doctor and they give you the OB on call.

clovismommy25
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Nope! Not to late! I LOVE my Dr office! It is group of dr's, only one of which I have an issue with, and he KNOWS it! He was not happy when I refused to see him last time, or when I told him flat out to his face he would NOT be doing my DS circ! But boohoo, maybe if he was a good dr it would be different! As for the others, over 7 of them, I have known most of them since I was little! I will share! Dr. Moore or Dr. Layman are AMAZING!

queenamy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Couldnt you just go to another hospital once you're in labor?

Alaina83
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM

No, I would find someone new asap!

ohiomommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:14 AM

IF i was in your situation I would try to find another dr to take you on! its never to late! good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)