• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby in room with you or separate room

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM
  • 52 Replies

When you bring baby home are you going to have him/her room with you ans SO or have them in their own room? 

I think I am going to have baby in own room our room is not big enough to have baby in there with  us :/

pregnancy week by week

HOPING FOR A GIRL!!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robbianna
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM

my first daughter was in our room in our bed until 11.5 months,

and my second daughter is in our room in our bed as well she is a little over 9.5 months....I set her crib up next to our bed (as a toddler bed so it's kind of an extension of our bed) she starts out there and a few hours later ends up right next to me to nurse for the rest of the night

my plans where to move her to her crib in her room with her sister around 11.5months as well but it's been emotionally difficult for me to think about making her leave our bed being that she MAY be our last baby=( she is so precious to wake up to. and they are only so small for such a short quick amount of time ='(

tandie1977
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM
in my room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindseyerin
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

My son was in my room with me in a bassinet for a few months, it was just easier that way because of the frequent night time feedings.  It will be the same when I have this baby too.  Every once in a while my son wants to come back into bed with me for a little while, so I put him in there for 30 minutes or an hour (until he starts to calm down and nod back off to sleep) then I put him back in his room.

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Our little girl slept in her own room. We use the walk to her room to wake us up.

Fetters4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Our room for the first two to three months and then in his own room. We did this with our daughter and it worked out fine. The baby will be in a bassinet in our room, not in bed with us. I do not want this one getting used to sleeping with us like my daughter did. It took us forever to get her out of our room.

Army_wife8181
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM

She will stay in our room until she sleeps through the night, just like her big sister did =)

__bcnp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM

ATM We all (will) sleep in one room. Ju (18 mo DS) will be moving into his own room in August.

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:28 AM
My son slept in the bed with me for 6 wks when he came home only bc I was sleeping on the couch bed since I couldn't go upstairs.then I put him in the bassinett for a month or so and then onto the crib in his own room after that.this new baby will be in a bassinett in our room for a while since my kids will be sharing a room then on to the crib when I'm ready.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I prefer to have the baby in another room so we can both learn to sleep through the night. It worked with my 1st. Not so much with my 2nd. We'll see how number 3 feels about it.

kuriequinn
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM

When she gets here, it will have to be her own room.  There just isn't the space in our room.  We live in an older house where the bedrooms are 10*10 and our bedroom barely holds our bed and two dressers.  And its not like the dressers are huge either!  I couldn't imagine fitting a bassinet or a crib in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)