Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mucus plug? tmi

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 4 Replies

34 and a half weeks pregnant, i was just going potty and just kinda was sitting on the potty for a while cause i'm having baaad cramps.  so anyways, i finally got up and went to wipe and there was an extreme amount of gooup on the paper  and like hanging off.  it looked like the discharge i had when i first got pregnant, like the clear/white elasticky stuff.. only there was a whole slew of it. if you could lay it flat id say there was at least like 4 quarter sized amounts of it, at least 4. 

i'm wondering if this was my mucus plug?? or if it was just discharge?  thing is i haven't had discharge like that since i first got preggo. and if it was the plug, how long before you deliver do you normal start labor, can it be a while?  i've been in soo much pain lately, the dr said it's baby girl spreading my hips getting me ready, and she's head down in place, and if i make it 2 more weeks so she's fully developed, i'll be good.

PLEASE HELP!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kelleyriley
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Not sure, yesterday when I wiped there was like one quarter sized thing of goop, always wondering if its a mucus plug too!!!!

abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:38 AM

if it is stringy goo, it's probably just discharge. But I never remember seeing my mucus plug before I went into labor with either of mine.

DreamEscapex00
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM
That's exactly what happened to me 8 hours before I went into labor! But they say after losing the plug it can still be 2 weeks or less...but it's coming soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grapejelly
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM

it could be part of your plug... but no worries, if you lose it early and have no contractions it will most likely regenerate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)