Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

work til baby born???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

I work in a doctor's ofc so I'm hoping since I have a sit down job that I can work right up to the time I have baby..... How many days did you have to be out of work before you had your baby & why?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I worked up until my due date. I worked a stand up job, though (retail) is was really uncomfortable but manageable. All the same, I am thankful not to have to do it again.

Mia055
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM

With my first son i chose to work until 2 weeks before my due date...so i went on "vacation" and got PTO time and then used up my disability hours for the 3 months after i had him =)

robbianna
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I worked in a dental office as an assistant to the doctor so once my stomach started growing that started getting difficult....I knew I was going to be a stay at home mom, and wanted some time to myeself before that was my full time job so I stopped working about 3-4weeks before the baby was born and that was good because I had some time to rest and collect my thoughts get the house ready before hand.

cynprz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM
I worked to the until my due date, but of course I didn't have her until a week later. I was just too uncomfortable towards the end, that's why I took off before I had her. With this baby I plan on working until she is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SillyJessi
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I worked standing up, at a sandwich shop.  I closed too (mopping, carrying in the food to coolers, etc).  I worked until 3 days before I had my baby.  I had prodromal labor for those 3 days so I didn't feel like leaving the house, I called my boss and he was glad I was *finally* stopping.  He teased me about having the baby in the back of the store lol.

lovegrace222
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

BUMP!

ANandLPsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM
I plan on working up until I have the baby. I have a sit down job, so its not a big deal. my coworker just worked until 2 wks before her due date when her dr pulled her out, but my mom worked with me in a pizza shop until her water broke a week early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I worked at a grocery store at the customer service desk. I worked until 3-4 weeks before I had my daughter. But the other lady that I worked with there worked until she went into labor and felt so bad for leaving me short staffed by myself because she was in labor lol

Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I work as a shift manager at pizza hut, on my feet for 8+ hrs at a time. That being said I went into labor with my daughter and finished my shift before going home and waiting for S/O to get home to being me to the hospital. I plan on working right up until birth with this one too unless there are complications.

babies
Kira Elizabeth is going to be a big sister!
baby
 BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)