Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If and When you go the "the talk"

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

When did you get the sex talk? Was it your parents who gave it to you?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelseyciarah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Nobody talked to me about sex(Well neither of my parents, or any close adults)... I learned from school, friends, older sisters, and personal experience.... I however will certainley give my kids "the talk"..... I'll probably become so annoying with how much I talk to them about sex that their desire to go out and have pre-marital sex will be pretty low... Or atleast I hope! I can dream cant I! lol

abra
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

My "talk" came from my mom. She said, "I noticed you are getting your period now. You will get it once a month. When you don't get it, it means you are pregnant. You had better always get it as long as you are in my house."

Nice, huh? I had been getting it for a year before she sat me down. I have every intention of NOT saying that it my kids!

alliesaurus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I got it when I started to get my period also. I think it was because I asked her why I was bleeding and she told me all the little details about the uterine lining and how it builds to make a baby and then because there is not baby it comes out and starts a new one. Also how this meant that I was a woman now and could make babies, but that sex is a very big emotional and physical thing for people who love eachother and are married. I think I got the rest of the info from friends lol!

one thing I know I will do differently is when I was 16 i asked her if I could get on birth control..I was sleeping my now husband but also wanted it because I was told it would make my periods more regular and less painful. She told me no and that birth control would only make it okay for me to have sex. 

Ati_13
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM
It started early, with answers to my questions about the differences between boys and girls, learning the proper names for body parts, etc. When my youngest sibling started asking questions, my mom sat us all down and told the whole story. I was 8. She was always very open and honest and it really helped me to grow into a woman who is not afraid or ashamed of sex. It also helped me be very informed about my body, and have enough self-respect and KNOWLEDGE to protect myself both from giving my heart away to a man who didn't care and from pregnancy.
mommy053008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

my mom told me when i was 9 with my sister who was 11 and at 11 yrs i hit my period and my sister didnt start til she was 14 i was so embarrassed haha i won't be giving my daughter the tale for awhile since she's only 2

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
MikeysMom51108
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM

My stepmom started talking about sex, periods, etc...with me fairly early. The earliest conversation I can remember was probably when I was 7 or 8. Even as I got older, she would randomly ask if I had any questions about sex or if there was anything I wanted to know. She was always very open about it. 

And, of course, in 10th grade, we had a brief sex education class in school. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

shawnalovesdon0
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I never got the talk... Lol Idk what Im gonna do when my daughters get the age that I have to tell them

ColieO
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM
I never got it. I think they figured school and church would teach me about it. And I was too embarrassed to ask them any questions anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tandie1977
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:29 PM
the school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I don't remember ever having the sex talk.. The closest it came was "don't have sex before you're married"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)