Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction or SPD.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
Who has this or had it, and how bad was the pain?

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I have not had it but here's a bump for you.. Have you tried looking it up on webmd or google?

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Yea but it gives the same one lined answers. I know this isn't round ligament pain. It feels totally different from it. My pain is directly on the pubic bone to where I can't even walk up my stairs or sit on my toilet without being in tears. Just wanted some insight before I talk to my doc on Monday. Cus this is excruciating :(

Quoting ElijahsMom211:

I have not had it but here's a bump for you.. Have you tried looking it up on webmd or google?

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

BUMP!

Louben987
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM

i had pubic pain with my 2nd but it never got so bad that i went to get treatment, the ligaments become really lax and can be stresesd and pulled. a doc might prescribe physical therapy for exercise and pain relief or more likely pain meds (of which i am not a fan).

ARichey
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I have it! Told my midwife (who is never much help) and she gave me a materinity brace. I guess thats what u call it. It gives back and belly support. It does seem to help to keep pressure off my pubic bone. Of course anytime I have a problem, like the kidney stone I passed Thursday, the reply I always get from a nurse or midwife (I see a different one every time at our naval hospital) is to rest and drink more water. This has been their answer to everything. I hope this helps!!!!!!!! Good luck!

Louben987
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM

how far a long are you btw?

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Well I've been drinking water all day for months, and the pain is still there ...lol. Water won't help. And I have a belly brace but it doesn't help :(

Quoting ARichey:

I have it! Told my midwife (who is never much help) and she gave me a materinity brace. I guess thats what u call it. It gives back and belly support. It does seem to help to keep pressure off my pubic bone. Of course anytime I have a problem, like the kidney stone I passed Thursday, the reply I always get from a nurse or midwife (I see a different one every time at our naval hospital) is to rest and drink more water. This has been their answer to everything. I hope this helps!!!!!!!! Good luck!

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Almost 30 weeks

Quoting Louben987:

how far a long are you btw?

SpcCraftsWife
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:07 PM

girl idk if i actually have it- but i feel for you, it hurts for me to lift my legs high enough to put pants on- or scoot something with my leg- the pressure on my pubic bone is excruciating. i just thought it was some kind of pregnancy thing that i lucked out on and didnt have with my DD lol

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Yea, me too. But even with my boys I never had THIS pain. And I gained 60 lbs with my first, 45 with my second and only 17 so far with her. So it's not like it's a large amount of weight causing the issue. I had round ligament pain with them but it doesn't feel like this at all. This feels like it's coming directly from the bone. And sometimes the skin surrounding it but mostly the bone. I have to move my legs together, pretty much crawl up the stairs and god forbid I need to change clothes :(

Quoting SpcCraftsWife:

girl idk if i actually have it- but i feel for you, it hurts for me to lift my legs high enough to put pants on- or scoot something with my leg- the pressure on my pubic bone is excruciating. i just thought it was some kind of pregnancy thing that i lucked out on and didnt have with my DD lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)