Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

share your weirdest comments ppl have made to u while pregnant.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM
  • 23 Replies

What are some of the weirdest comments people have made to you while pregnant? whether it be rude, annoying, funny, asked a stupid question...anything you feel like sharing.  People have told me my son's name is a mouth full bc we are naming him Jacob Carter Eli (we were originally going to name him Carter Eli, than my husband wanted his name thrown in there).  Also another thing that annoys me is when i say i am tired people are always like, "you are tired now, just wait till you have that baby...you dont know what tired is yet".

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chance010507
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

my husbands good friend asked me if my nipples hurt...i just stared at him...

mstevens10
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quoting ginnyk87:

What are some of the weirdest comments people have made to you while pregnant? whether it be rude, annoying, funny, asked a stupid question...anything you feel like sharing.  People have told me my son's name is a mouth full bc we are naming him Jacob Carter Eli (we were originally going to name him Carter Eli, than my husband wanted his name thrown in there).  Also another thing that annoys me is when i say i am tired people are always like, "you are tired now, just wait till you have that baby...you dont know what tired is yet".

That last part you said gets me the worst! I KNOW I WILL BE TIRED!! lol And the other thing is when I say something about I couldnt get comfortable and I really couldn't sleep so I was up all night... and they say well Get used to that.. that will be the first 6 months after you give birth...

Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregowithfifth

When we found out that we were preggo last year my MIL said you have no room for a baby in that house(we have a 4 bedroom and 4 kids)  After my misscarriage she said well how soon can you start trying?  And a few weeks ago when we got our BFP she says well now your just gonna have to lay on the couch all day cause we dont want you losing this one too.  I have come to the conclusion over the last few years that my MIL is crazy so I usually just let things she says slide.

Amanda120486

ugh im soo sick of hearing that2.. obv we know that when the baby comes well be tired.. but it will be well worth it..  i am just not nice to people any more when they respond with stuff like that lol.. it drives me crazy!

augustmommy951
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I hate it when I tell people I'm ready to have his baby already....and people say "I know you want to meet you baby but enjoy yur alone time now, because you will be so busy and tired once he gets here."  Um, no shit.  But I think my desire to be a mom and finally have my son in my arms kind of outweighs the need to want to sleep more.  Ya lets keep him in another 2 weeks just so I can lay around and watch TV longer!

ginnyk87
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:38 PM

OMG I hate this too!!!! my sil just had a baby 7 months ago and when he cries or throws a fit she will look at me and say, "see what you get to look forward to!! enjoy being pregnant while you can!!".  umm yea babies cry a lot, i am aware of that!!

Quoting augustmommy951:

I hate it when I tell people I'm ready to have his baby already....and people say "I know you want to meet you baby but enjoy yur alone time now, because you will be so busy and tired once he gets here."  Um, no shit.  But I think my desire to be a mom and finally have my son in my arms kind of outweighs the need to want to sleep more.  Ya lets keep him in another 2 weeks just so I can lay around and watch TV longer!

ginnyk87
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:39 PM

what the heck? or are you going to breastfeed? i hate that one also!!

Quoting chance010507:

my husbands good friend asked me if my nipples hurt...i just stared at him...

ginnyk87
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Quoting mstevens10:

Quoting ginnyk87:

That last part you said gets me the worst! I KNOW I WILL BE TIRED!! lol And the other thing is when I say something about I couldnt get comfortable and I really couldn't sleep so I was up all night... and they say well Get used to that.. that will be the first 6 months after you give birth...

omg that irritates me too!!

ginnyk87
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Quoting pregowithfifth:

When we found out that we were preggo last year my MIL said you have no room for a baby in that house(we have a 4 bedroom and 4 kids)  After my misscarriage she said well how soon can you start trying?  And a few weeks ago when we got our BFP she says well now your just gonna have to lay on the couch all day cause we dont want you losing this one too.  I have come to the conclusion over the last few years that my MIL is crazy so I usually just let things she says slide.

That was not very nice of her to say that :'(

Sailorswife24
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:53 PM

my husbands grandma told me i shouldn't breastfeed because they said on the news its bad for the baby.....i have no clue what news SHE was watching....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)