• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Absolute Must Have Baby Items?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

This is my 1st baby and the choices for baby items are overwhelming.  I dont want to buy a bunch of stuff I dont really need but I want all the necessities/life savers though.  What were your top most used/valuable baby items, and what were the ones that were pretty much a waste of money.....

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nily
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Diapers lol tons of them. Burp clothes, blankets, bobby pillow, nursing pads, breast milk pump, a good diaper bag. comfy stroller and car seat, bassinet with wheels so I han have it around in the house, swing and comfy pj's.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Diapers, recieving blankets, & my moby wrap :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

A swing and a bouncer!!

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Snuggle nest- It was a good thing because it kept the baby safe in their own little bed but were close enough so I could monitor breathing and nurse throughout the night.

Swing- Both kids loved their swing, calmed them down or entertained them while I did cleaning.

Car seat- Duh! So I can go places.

Beco Butterfly- Got it when my daughter was 16 months, that was 2 months ago, my only regret in the decision to spend $130 on a piece of fabric is that I didn't do it sooner. BY FAR the most comfortable thing ever, more so then my Baby K'Tan and my Moby.

Infant tub

Crib

robbianna
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM

a swing, sling, stroller, nursing cape, burp rags, off the top of my head those are ones that I think are must haves.....A MUST NOT HAVE I have waisted money on just off the top of my head the bumbo seat and tray, (unless someone gives it to you or you get it as a gift) and that thing that you can use to help your baby learn how to walk you like wrap it around them under their under arms and it has two straps to hold on to WAIST OF MONEY......

chadsmom05
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM
a blanket to swaddle. and a swing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

BIGGEST WASTE: Color/Infrared Baby Monitor  My little baby girl spent the first 3 weeks of life grunting and straining in her sleep...Very hard for mommy and daddy to sleep.  She was just next door.  Also, it had two channels.  My mom got a rude awakening when the baby came home that first week and my mom was here to help us by doing the overnight shift.  At 3am she heard a baby cry.  She opens her eyes, looks at the monitor and wonders how long she has been asleep....There is a TODDLER BOY standing up in his crib!  (The neighbors across the way had the same monitor and apparently we were both on the same channel)

MOST VALUABLE- A light weight swaddler/sleep sack for spring summer and and a heavier one for fall/winter.  I would buy 2 of each.  Baby spent 9 months tight and warm inside you.  It's comforting to them to be like that.

Disposable cloth diapers...I don't use them for that...they are fantastic spit up rags.

Pacifier/Soother-  I was against them until I couldn't get a crying fit to stop and in desperation I popped that in her mouth and after 30 minutes of SCREAMING, there was instant silence.

Pumpkinmom06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM
bassanet is a waste of money in my opinion and will only get them used to sleeping with you next to them, all you need is a crib, bedding, diapers, stuff to feed weather breast or formula feeding, a changing table and or area.
kno4eva
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

A bouncer... Definitely the thing i loved the most. Also a jumperoo i love it! Lots and lots of diapers and wipes. Burp cloths and lots of them as well as recieving blankets. Socks and lots of em because the washer eats those little baby socks lol...

joywalz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM

A baby carrier, I prefer a sling and or baby ergo, a must have for me so I can get stuff done. For bfeeding-lansinoh cream for the nipples...boppy pillow is a must, not just for feeding but for laying them down on the couch or floor on, and tummy time, oh ya and when they start learning to sit up it is good for them to lean against. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)