• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Full Moon to induce labor...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Moons-Effect-on-Natural-Childbirth&id=70253

There is supposed to be a full moon tonight! I'm hoping its gravitational pull will help me along!! :)
Did anyone else deliver on a full moon that you know of?
If so, did your water break like the article says or was it just the contractions that sent you in? I would love to hear about it!! :)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM

BUMP!

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Good luck! The only time I delivered on a full moon, my water broke at 36 weeks!!! Good luck!

JavaMama11309
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM

A friend of mine delivered her girl on a full moon, but I didn't have my son on a full moon. My water broke all by itself the day before I was supposed to be induced (I had gestational diabetes and they wanted to make sure my son didn't get too big. He was 8 lbs 13 oz and born only 6 days before his EDD). Good luck, your baby will come when he/she is ready. You don't have much longer to wait in any case! =)

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I didn't read the article but I heard about the full moon. The night of I went and walked, I ate spicy chinese food, got a foot rub, and had sex. I woke up at 3 in the morning the night of the full moon in labor.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM

As far as I know, I didn't give birth or go into labor on a full moon.. Here's a bump tho!

grapejelly
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM

BUMP!

Jayzwife
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM
i had my son on thurs,it was a full moon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aus
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

My midwife told me they usually have more babies born during full moons and also bad storms...

Also on a side note, there was a partial lunar eclipse this morning too! Wouldn't it be awesome if we had our babies on a day thats a full moon AND a partial lunar eclipse? I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow

gregory2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:43 PM
I've always heard this and wanted it to happen to me, but my boys were both born a wk after the full moon. Crazy enough I'm going to b induced Friday, it'll b a wk after the full moon. I didn't realize that til right now lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)