Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you and dh meet?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

How did you and dh meet?

siggi1bmp-1.jpg picture by us5dots

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nily
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:28 PM

In a psychiatric institutuion LOL...We used to work there hahaha. He was a nurse there and I was the new therapist. We were enemies from the begining we argue at work every single day and even got reports for that at work. One day during a fight he calm himself down and said ''GOOD LORD is so damn hot in here. Don't you ever get tired? Let's go for a beer I invite'' I laugh and forgot why I was piss off with him and said NO. I explain I had a DD and I had to be home on time so my mom could leave to her house. He was surprise to know I have a DD but then he said ''OH well in that case I invite the 2 of you to the movies''. I thought it was sweet because it was the first man that show interest in meeting my DD. We went out and my DD liked him. One week after that we were living together and we have spend almost 7 years together.

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM

We knew each other years before we got together. Sounds like a maury show...but I used to date his older brother before he died. About a year after he died, I was in town and called up Chris (my DH) to hang out (as we had been friends in the past). We instantly had sparks and I moved in the next day. Weve been together for 6 years now, and are on our 3rd child.

Kind of weird I know...but things work in mysterious ways. It was just meant to be I suppose. We feel we're soul mates.

majikalmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
We met in high-school. It was ny freshmen year his sophomore. We had biology, lunch and health together..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alaina83
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM

My older brother met my DH in High School Choir and they became bestfriends, my brother invited him over one afternoon to play video games and that is how we met. I was 12 and he was 14, I had a crush on him instantly but he didn't start to feel that way about me until I was 16, then he started to notice me as a "girl" lol! Once my jerk of an ex and I broke up when I was 17 my DH made his move and we've been together ever since :) Almost 10 years now and married for 6 of them.

majikalmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM
My* lol o and we have been inseparable since

Quoting majikalmama:

We met in high-school. It was ny freshmen year his sophomore. We had biology, lunch and health together..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM

We meant when I started Hunting with my Daddy and his hunt group! I was maybe 11 or 12. Quentin and I joked all the time even back then and he always loved to joke with me. Well at his family reunion when I was 14 he asked me out...he was 17 at the time. Needless to say from that day on we were together all the time. He proposed to me when I was 16 and we were married about a month after I turned 18, 4 yrs to the day that we had began to date!!! A month after that we conceived our first child and here we are 5 yrs later with two boys and our first baby girl. As of Sept 18 we will be together 10 yrs total and married 5 yrs total!!!!

kameka
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:55 PM

We actually met online through match.com a little more than 4 years ago.  We had both been in horrible marriages before so we knew what we were looking for.  We met after talking online for about a month and after that he drove 18 hours round trip every weekend to see me :)  After 10 months my daughter and I moved in with him (500 miles away), a little over a year later we got married and he adopted her.  Two years after that and we're expecting another little girl :)  It has been amazing being with him and I'm so glad our children get to see what a relationship can be when you find the right person.

nemosmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM

we both worked at a pizza place,i was 18, he was 21, we've been together 7 yrs,married 2 yrs and two beautiful girls

valrubio
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

I was a pool player and I saw him at a pool hall one night that I had just started frequenting. I asked around about him and found out he was a really good pool player but kept to himself besides a few friends. I started going everyday hoping to catch his eye but he completely ignored me (which was unbelievable because I'm gorgeous and every guy hit on me). It took over a month to get him to talk to me and after we were already engaged I found out the only reason he talked to me was because some of the guys at the pool hall bet him money that he didn't have a chance with me. I'm sure glad for the bet because meeting and marrying him was the greatest thing in my life.

MegaMutant
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

We were bandmates during my freshman and sophomore years, which were his junior and senior years. We both played clarinet and sat next to each other, and also sat next to each other in my last English class of sophomore year. But I moved the following summer and lost touch. About 4 years later I found him on myspace and was surprised that he remembered me. We got back in touch and ended up dating for over 6 months before things went bad, we broke up, and all contact was lost for a little over three years. Towards the end of last year we started talking again. A lot had changed, for the better and a little for the worse, but a lot had stayed the same. When we started hanging out again in January it didn't take long before we oopsed and got pregnant. So in some ways we've known each other for quite a long time, and in some ways we haven't, since there's about 7 years of no contact thrown in there. Now that we're living together, it's like we've always lived together and it's just working somehow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)