Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a specific idea of how you'd like your birthing experience to go?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you have a specific idea of how you'd like your birthing experience to go?

siggi1bmp-1.jpg picture by us5dots

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christine.r2624
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM
Yes! We are planning a birth center water birth. Was going to be a home birth but decided to go w/ the birth center since I REALLY want a water birth and the center has such an amazing birth suite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenfey22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM

not pregnant anymore...but I did...and nothing went like I'd planned, lol. Well, I take that back. I wanted to go into labor on my own before I needed pitocin...I did. I just didn't progress at all so I had to have the pitocin. I wanted to go without the epideral, but that failed...I still didn't progress and wound up with a c-section, which I definitely didn't want to happen. As it turns out, I'm grateful. The doc saved my baby's and my life with that c-section. I'm one of those rare cases of women who cannot birth even a 3lb baby. My pelvis is way too small.

LiznShelk
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I have a very specific idea of  how I'd like it to go. I'm really really hoping to accomplish a natural birth. I think if I labor at home as long as possible I can be successful. I have really bad social anxiety and think that would be the only thing to cause me difficulty. I don't want to get in front of a nurse or the midwife and start to panic. This is my first so we'll see how it goes :)

mommieof
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Yup I'm walking in scheduled and saying I'm here let's get to cutting lol. Had c-sections with my first two and doing it this time around with the twins too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginnyk87
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I would really really like to be able to go into labor on my own.  I dont want to be induced unless I have to.  I wanted to videotape my birth, but my hospital i am going to doesnt allow it :( they said you could videotape "afterwards", but who wants to do that lol

CafeMom Tickers
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I have a very specific idea, but I am having to draw outside the lines with it.  If I have another there will be no coloring outside the lines next time. 

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Quoting ginnyk87:

I would really really like to be able to go into labor on my own.  I dont want to be induced unless I have to.  I wanted to videotape my birth, but my hospital i am going to doesnt allow it :( they said you could videotape "afterwards", but who wants to do that lol

My doc told my Dh that as well and my DH said you can try and take my camera away from me.  lol the doctor then said yeah I think youll be an exception lol. 

Megara
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I have a rough idea.  I am birthing at a birth center with a midwife, so most of the things I would specifically want are standard - no medications, no interventions, freedom to move, walk, whatever position I want, freedom to labor and/or birth in the tub, freedom to eat and drink during labor, Daddy catches, delayed cord clamping, Daddy cuts cord, breastfeeding immediately.  Other than that I am perfectly happy to go with the flow.

I will labor at home until my contractions have been 7 min. apart for one hour (we have a one hour drive).  My daughter will be at the birth center with us, and my DH will be my primary labor coach, with my mom and best friend switching off taking care of DD and supporting me.

I did specifically ask for all clocks to be removed from my view so I don't feel the pressure of time, and I asked specifically to be "highly" encouraged to drink so I don't need saline (I got severely dehydrated last time).

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM

BUMP!

MEGAN Group MOD

Proud Member of Work It Out Sexy Mama!

doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I did--  kind of.

;-)

Just that I wanted to labor & deliver in the tub.
I wanted a certain disc playing.
I wanted my DH & DD in the water with me.
Only my midwives present.
No vaginal exams or any other unnecessary interventions.
IF there were complications we would discuss all the options, alternatives, pros & cons--   and I would not be pressured ever.

So I had water births and my experiences ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly as planned...

;-P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)